Nindo Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nindo Beginning

Every shinobi has it's path set out for them. What path that may be only the gods will know. Set out to find your path in this crazy shinobi world

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello Everyone! Letting you all know that we have a skype chat available for Nindo members. PM an admin if you wish to be added.

Festival of Blood [Ended!]

Go down 
+7
Brother Roga
thaliamint
Lolk
Lightning Shield
Zen
DualThrone
The Notebook
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

Festival of Blood [Ended!] Empty
PostSubject: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Festival of Blood [Ended!] Konoha_zps6c0d1a9b
Word count: 1026

----GM Post---

Saisho no Matsuri, Festival of Beginnings, is a yearly festival hosted in Konoha for it's residents. Stretching across the village many civilians come out of their homes and take part in the festivities. From game booths to  contests, the village really works up the entertainment each year. It's a great time of year and each year before has proven to be a rather successful festival. The village had been working hard on decorating for the past week or so to get everything set. Many decorators, and workers have been hired to help with setting up the village and making sure various stages have been set up throughout the villages for the different entertainments that will occur. From stage acting shows to live music, they covered almost everything for everyone to enjoy.

Most days during the week were busy with life, many running about left and right helping with set up. Many genin's were charged with helping as extra hands to set up the festival. So they worked alongside many of the civilians in construction, decoration, and assisting with moving equipment. Aside from that they would have been given leave to actually be able to attend the festival at their own leisure.

The village would be decorated with many paper lanterns dangling in the air above the streets connected by wire attached from building to building in a zig-zag formation. A common color of red, yellow and orange can be noticed throughout the festivities to represent the flame. In the day time the decorations looked rather nice and well through out and place, but at night, when the lanterns get lit, the city comes to life with many, many people coming out dressed in their yukata's, and kimono's. Many people within large groups would come out of their homes, some coming out as families, and others coming out as couples, and the occasional few who come out by themselves, but the common thing noticed from them all is the utter joy that infectiously soars throughout the village. People coming together in laughter, cheers, song and dance.

This night was going to be a wonderful night filled with much merriment. Many uniformed shinobi's can be seen here and there throughout the village, many posted up in specific places, though if you were to look up and focus your gaze past the lanterns you'd be barely able to notice the occasional ANBU shooting by the rooftops in a black blur. The ANBU Black-ops are the Konoha's village best of the best, they are easily identifiable by being robed from head to toe and wearing animal masks to hide their identities. No one but the kage knows who are the people behind the masks. Their identities even a secret from most of their fellow shinobis.

The festival had just opened as the sun started to go down and the first lantern was lit. One by one the rest came to life and lit up the streets in a soft, gentle, red-orange glow all over. Many had gathered themselves around outside the Kage's building where the Hokage would make a quick announcement before the festivities truly began.

Festival of Blood [Ended!] Large
The Hokage walked out onto a balcony that faced out the large gathered crowd. The Hokage was a woman, the first in Konoha's history, Yoshitomi Kaneko, she was quite the beautiful woman, she was quite tall as well standing at five feet nine inches high. She dressed in lovely red kimono, with an orange obi tied around her waist. The color of her hair being as dark as the feathers of a raven. Her hair was tied up into a large bun and held in place by some elegant hair sticks with small charms dangling off of them. Upon the breast of her kimono was the symbol of her village, along with her title of being the Fourth Hokage of Konoha.  

Festival of Blood [Ended!] Hollow
Behind her stood a man dressed from head to toe in a blue and steel grey robe. His face and body completely hidden from view. He was the personal assistant to the Hokage, and nothing outside of that is really known about him, matter of fact, is it even a he? Aside from his robed appeared the only other distinctive thing about him in the large golden emblem upon his chest. He is called Shura.

The Hokage would step out onto the balcony and look upon the Civilians and give them a gentle smile as everyone would look up to her. There would be a moment of silence before the Hokage would speak and she spoke out loudly, her voice seeming to catch onto the wind and carry themselves to the ears of everyone at the festival, more than likely a jutsu of some kind that allowed for her to project her voice in such a manner that it would be loud, but not hurtful to the ears.

"Another year we come around to Saisho no Matsuri." she started, her kind gaze looking over everyone. "For generations we work, and we strive towards a better future. A future where we can all come together like this. Much like those that came before us, like in the time of the First Hokage where when they came together with other clans to form this village. This festival represents that bond that was formed that day, that beginning that brought us forth into this day and age. Much like the years before, and what the previous Hokage has told you all. Use this day for merriment, to bury the past and start a new. Let this be a time where we can have our own beginnings that will work out for us out in the long run." She would smile and bring her hands together making a few hand signs. "And with this, I declare the festival officially begun!"

She would take in a deep breath and point her head to the sky, and bullets of fire shot free form her mouth and flew high into the sky, after moments everyone would see five flame bullets fire into the air and then suddenly they exploded out like gorgeous fireworks, declaring the beginning of the festival.

----OOC-----
Anyone is free to come and join.
This festival takes place within the village of Konoha.
There is no posting order, but try to keep it to 1 post for every GM post.
24 Hour post limit from the latest post!
Stats are NOT mandatory for this thread.
Death Immunity is enabled. [Except that specific one. You know who you are.]

Last edited by Paper Heart on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://nindobeginning.rpg-board.net
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Yusuri was two things among many that could be used to properly describe her. For one, poor, her job at the library had got enough money to get the pata, that hid underneath her trench coat, and a swim suit that had come out of her pay, that Ms. Yurie the librarian insisted that she get, though she had only ever used it once, and for a short time. A kimono, or anything traditional was well out of her price range. Having simply followed the crowd she witnessed a speech that she was unable to make sense of from the distance with her headphones on to block out the noise. Her eyes twitching heavily at the sight of Fire style jutsu, though she didn't recognize the Katon since she was unstudied in that area of the field. Despite studying during work if she wasn't helping someone or putting books back in there proper spot. Another unrecognized person, or thing at this event. She was unsure to call it a he, but they were suspicious to her at this point in time. Slowly receding back into the town she began to look around at the many attractions that filled the town. None of which catching her eye all that much.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 1:06 am

"Ah, the Festival of Beginnings!" Kitty spread her arms and did a neat pirouette in place, her mass of plush tails splaying out in all directions and somehow, because they had no particular obligations to the laws of physics or any other aspect of reality, avoided touching anyone in the crowded square. "Is it really already that time? Has a year actually gone by again? It feels like no time has passed at all since Mother and Father dragged you here in a vain attempt to force you to be sociable and vaguely human."
Rosie stands in the crowd with her arms crossed, acting the part of a rock in a river, largely ignoring the people around her and watching the mass flow around her in every direction, her pinched-face look of vague disapproval hitched firmly in place and not wavering at all as she watches her hallucination spin exuberantly in place. "I'm sure it's been much longer than that. I've been too old for them to drag me around for a few years now, not because I'm necessarily too old in age but too old in experience. Being able to decide for myself and direct myself where I wish to be has been something I've had since... well, for a while." Her eyes move slightly so she's looking directly at the immodestly-dressed kitsune, keeping her expression unchanged as she does. "You not being a part of it has made it feel empty. I'm glad that enough self-mastery allows me to walk the streets with you and enjoy each other's company without anyone realizing we're conversing."
Kitty chuckled. "Careful, Rose. We wouldn't want you going soft and human, now would we?"
"The time for that game is far passed, as you know because I know, Rosie responds, looking back and forth. "You were right about Serasena being good for me. I was right about the value of training. The decision to share responsibilities has been a prescient one, for which I still thank you. Oh, it's so good that no one can listen to my mind... I'd come across as a ranting lunatic, talking to a kitsune that only I can see and having a real conversation with my own delusion."
"When are you planning to give up talking about that?"
"When I've made peace with the fact that I'm barking mad and getting crazier as time goes on." Rosie couldn't stop the tiniest smirk from moving her tightly-compressed lips for a fraction of a second. "On a more serious note, I think that this annual festival is the perfect moment for us to actually voice to one another what we've been thinking together ever since we came to understand what chakra is, and what it can do. Self-perfection is excellent, and the philosophy of Budo will make me a truly great shinobi, deadlier than most by simple virtue of cunning, but there needs to be an ultimate goal, a long-range plan, an unattainable objective to strive for."
"It was only one brief mention in a single scroll, Rose."
"Nonetheless, it could be real or at least could be made to be real with enough work. Attaining the proper technique, however, is the easiest part of the goal; shaping a physical living clone of myself into a person that I know as well as myself, and I know is emphatically not myself, is going to be the challenge. You have served as best you can as you are; it's time that we made a goal to give you even more power to contribute, as well as be in reality what you are in my mind: whole and entire, even for a relatively short time."
"A pipe dream."
"I fear so. But the goal is worthy enough to try, and if it cannot be done, fail. But there is no choice: we must try if we are to be all that we can be."

{Word Count: 653}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 2:25 am

It had been a very busy week for Seresana as she'd been charged with helping out with a large number of the decorations and booths ever since the start of the preparation. First had been the hard work of constructing booths and helping set up stalls. A lot of those had been erected in the first couple days, their wooden frames rather quickly made and just durable enough to last for the festival without issue, but then be able to easily be taken apart and dismantled for when it was over. She couldn't even count how many she'd helped set up with how quickly they could be made and how many days she'd been doing it, going from one end of the street to the other over the course of an entire day only to repeat the procedure the following day, and then again the next. Though in a way it hadn't been that bad of work since her father had been working right along side her for rather long periods of time. The man was a general handyman and making quick repairs to booths, helping set them up, and making new replacement parts for pieces that had broke or gotten too worn down with age were all things he'd had to do during the setup, and Seresana was as eager and willing as ever to help her father with his work. Of course though, her father wasn't the only one, there were several others that worked right along side her though this week.

Then came the decorations, and that was something Seresana had enjoyed all the more, even if she had gotten scolded a couple times for a couple of her more wild ideas. Dozens of streams and practically littered booths, and when it'd come to hanging those up, her levitation jutsu had proved to be extremely helpful. Allowing her to hover in place, albeit a little erratically at times, and hang up the decorations on high to reach signs and overhanging ledges. Plus there was the painting of several of the booths, especially the ones that required new pieces, another task that she was all too happy to help with and work on. However she got in a little trouble when she tried hanging up one of the paper lantern strings with an arrow shot from her bow. The trick had worked, and the string was well suspended above the street, but the building owners weren't too happy about having arrows shot into their walls. That one got her yelled at a good bit and she'd been strongly encouraged to leave her bow at home for the remainder of the festival, or at least during the decorating part of it. Though, despite the damage which Seresana had agreed to help fix, the rest of the decorating had gone on with out much of a hitch on her end, once more using the levitation jutsu to hang up some of the paper lantern strings in the harder to reach places that one couldn't simply jump to.

After all that, there were individual booths to help with preparing and getting ready for the festival, the last step before it was to begin. The prior day, Seresana had spent it all running around on errands of bringing supplies to various booths and stands. Bags and boxes of ingredients to food stands, dozens of prizes ranging from stuffed toys to even a few actual weapons to game booths, a few large rolls of tickets for a raffle, and more bags of balloons than she could even imagine existing. Then on the actual day of the festival, Seresana'd spent the majority of it helping the various booths and stalls get ready for the night time event. Filling up balloons, setting up prizes, preparing various treats at the food stands, and even getting to try a few. But for her it would all be worth it for once she was done with all this prep work, Seresana had been promised by her parents that she could go about the festival all on her own this year since she was a full blown ninja now, and so when the sun began to set and her work was called finished, Seresana rushed home as fast as she could to get ready for the festival.

When she came back to the grounds, Seresana sported a much different attire than her usual ninja garb, a present from her parents for passing the graduation exams. Draped about her tiny frame was a wonderfully made yukata, the majority of which was a dark purple that faded to white down near the bottom edge and ends of the sleeves, depicting various plants of varying shades of lighter purple to white, and a two toned sash around the middle that was a lighter, bolder purple along the edges and black in the middle tied in the back. Seresana still wore her hair down as it was still too short to really bother her, but it was starting to get to the length where it'd need to be cut or pulled back lest it start to fall in her face. She was also wearing her tiny snowflake earrings that she'd also received for her last birthday and a newer nicer pair of black sandals. Her parents had arrived with her younger brother a bit earlier and so now she striding into the festival by herself but that quickly enough changed when she wandered into the crowd that had gathered for the Hokage's little speech. She listened aptly and with wide eyes at the woman's beauty as she addressed all of the village, silently thinking to herself all the while that someday that would be her standing there and giving such a speech. She even watched the fire jutsu go off into the sky with a wondrous expression, even though it forced her to recall how the adults hadn't wanted her helping or even around the actual fireworks they were working with. Seresana also caught a glimpse of the man standing back a bit, the strange one known as the hokage's assistant and adviser, though Shura's presence barely even registered to Seresana as her attention was more on the hokage herself.

Still, with the speech and the opening show over, Seresana took to wandering around the festival a little bit, eyeing some of the booths she'd help set up and trying to look especially hard for ones that she didn't as they were something of a surprise. It also wasn't long before her eyes fell on a few familiar faces as well. First off though, she noticed Rosie just simply standing about in a veritable stream of people that walked or rushed by. The taller and much more serious girl looked to be in somewhat deep thought, and Seresana felt an all too tempting notion creep into her mind as a matching grin crept across her face. It wouldn't be hard to maneuver around and behind Rosie, not in this thick of a crowd and given Seresana's short size, though that realization did cause her to pause for just a second to glumly admit that she'd just referred to herself as short... EITHER WAY! So Seresana continued to sneak up towards Rosie, taken extra precaution to make herself as inconspicuous as possible until she was close enough for her devilishly evil plan to unfold!

When she was right behind Rosie, Seresana suddenly sprung up, twisting herself about as one hand found one of Rosie's shoulders. With the pivoting point now secured, Seresana maneuvered herself the rest of the way around Rosie so that now they would be roughly facing each other while both arms went to hook behind Rosie's neck, hands resting on Rosie's back as she lifted her legs up but bent at the knee as if she was being held by an invisible hand under her knees. The sudden spring of action was accompanied by an almost yell of "HEY ROSIE!" and a childish giggle before she let her knees drop back down and continued to hang and hung Rosemarius, grinning up at her happily, partially because of her little prank and partially because she was just happy to see one of her friends. Seresana didn't want to literally hang on Rose for too long though, and pretty soon, she let go and took a hop step back to give her some space. "So what do you think?" Seresana asked with a twirl about to show off the yukata she wore and then a flourish of her arms to gesture to the festival itself.

Word Count: 1433
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield

Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Nathan always loved to be apart of the Festival. It was amazing to have both of his sisters follow him around and just enjoy the festivities. Of course, they had met each other in the past due to their brother's efforts in getting them to visit. His mother and father didn't object to them meeting either since they knew it would make their son upset and with no real reason to keep them away. The restriction being that they never went into the other's house.

They moved through the crowd, their parents being else where in order to avoid ruining the evening for the children and themselves. He placed Pallas onto his shoulders so that she could the Hokage give her speech while Athena managed to see past some heads in over to get a glimpse. They watched in awe as the fireworks went out and with little Pallas bouncing on his shoulders, nearly making him fall over. He would start to move around in order to see if there anything interesting nearby.

Nathan had his hair brushed and combed for the event. He was was dressed in a black kimino that was placed firmly onto him due to the red sash going over his torso. The trimming was done in a darker shade. In the legs, it gave enough freedom for his legs to move around without too much trouble. He also managed to convince his mother, the one who had prepped him for the Festival, to let him where regular shoes instead of more formal and restrictive footwear.

Pallas, the youngest of the trio and also his father's daughter, was dressed in a small dress that had a red roses and a plain white background put into its design. Pallas was six years old and was only two years younger than her half sister. She was still small though a little chubby. She had her brown hair done into a small ponytail that went in between her shoulder blades.

Athena was dressed in something similar to himself. Her kimino was black along with a red sash wrapping around her waist, but with the trimming also being black. Her black hair was short and fell down to her chin. She had a small headband that had fake roses placed into it. Unlike her sister, who was much paler than her brother, Athena was a few shades of brown darker than her older brother. She also stayed by his side and held his hand as they moved around through the crowds.
((421))
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Sylvan was not in the crowd, listening with rapt attention to the speakers. Instead, she was on a roof, curled up into a ball. Where was Sena? The crowd was huge. She wasn't even in it, and she was already starting to panic. There were simply too many people. There was no way she;d be able to spot Sena if she was as tall as Sylvan herself was. The fact that Sena was quite short made things even more different.
It was a shame too, considering how the days leading up to the event had gone. Sylvan had helped with the preparations, using staying near either Seresana or Yusuri. The crowds weren't as massive, so between the two of them she'd been able to help put decorations up. That "help" usually boiled down to "I can reach the top shelf without levitating" but it was still important. She was also fairly strong, or at least more so than those like Iku, so she helped move carts and boxes around. As long as she kept telepathic contact with Yusuri or Sena, and the crowd wasn't too big, she was fine. She didn't really know any of the other Genins, so she'd avoided them.
After several days of hard work getting the festival up, she and the rest of the genins had been informed they got the day prior off, in order to prepare. Unfortunately, she was incredibly poor. Yusuri at least had a job, but Sylvan had trouble doing any job that wasn't gardening. Too many people. Fortunately, her parents were there. Her mother lent her a yukata that had once belonged to her. It was red and green, with faint gold patterns separating them. Sylvan was quite tall, especially in her legs, so she ended up being able to move freely in it without worrying about tripping. A wonderful gift, as far as she was concerned. She'd thanked her mother profusely and headed to the festival. Armed, of course. She was always paranoid. And this was quite a big festival.
Once she'd gotten there though, she hadn't been able to find Sena OR Yusuri. To preserve her sanity, she'd quickly scaled the nearest building and hid up there.
Finding Sena would be very difficult, given she didn't have a pinpoint location. Yusuri on the other hand, would be much easier. Sylvan had telepathic conversations with her every time they cooked, which was basically every day. As a result, Sylvan had a high degree of familiarity with Yusuri's chakra signature. She reached out into the crowd, searching for her.
{425 words}
Back to top Go down
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Festival of Blood [Ended!] Ecccde7e692a958ab03312e558bba1faf41
---
Word count: 831
---

"Why do I have to go to that festival again this year?" she whined to her mother, looking at the similar height shinobi before her, whose elegant anthropomorphic beauty gazed at her with a firm gaze. "Because I have work to do and I would rather you be at the festival that cooped up inside." Kisayuri's cheeks pufed and the flower on her head would shiver and shake the bloomed petal's wriggling. Then came a quick flick to the forehead and Kisayuri would bouncing in place holding her head. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, hnnggggg, what was that for?!" She looked to her mother and then froze on the spot seeing the serious look on her face.

The reptilian features seeming more dangerous than normal. "Alright, alright...." Kisayuri sighed in defeat. "I'll go..." Shortly after her deceleration of surrender Gaidoku would smile and nod her head as she would grab her green flak jacket. "Well I will be busy for the time of the festival, guard duty and all, so you try and enjoy yourself, and try not to get in trouble again."

Kisayuri would rub her forehead and nod. "I will do my best." She stated as if it were routine by this point. Gaidoku would turn to the young plant girl and gaze at her. "I'm serious, Kiss. I'd like for you to be able to interact with others and see the people for what they are worth, not this delusion you have of them being all evil and out to destroy the world."

Kisayuri would shift her ocean blue eyes to the side. "I try, it's not my fault every time I see them or interact with them, they are destroying trees, and blowing up Mother, Momma!"

Gaidoku would pull Kisayuri into a hug and rub her back gently. "I know, sweety, just try not to fly off the handle okay, try and enjoy yourself and do avoid the fireworks area, they are planning for plenty of use of it, I wouldn't want for you to catch blaze."

Kisayuri would nod her head and gave a little pouty face. "Yes, Momma." Gaidoku would pull away from the hug and smile gently at the plant girl. "I need to get going now, you be sure to put on the attire I set out for you, I think it would go well with you." Kisayuri would nod to the shinobi Gaidoku and watched her as she headed out the back door. "And be sure to lock up when you head out, I'll see you after the festival." and with that Gaidoku disappeared in a blur.

Kisayuri would sigh as she watched her leave, the floor on her head almost deflating at the thought of it, she would then look to the table where they would be a folded up Yukata for Kisayuri to wear. all this occurred earlier in the day. By the time it was the festival, Kisayuri would have done as she was told to do. She locked up, and headed for the festival. She wore the yukata Gaidoku set out for her and it suited her quite well. It was a light pink Yukata, that from top to body did a gradient of pink to white where the ends of her sleeves and the bottom of her yukata were white. It had floral designs upon it with various levels of flowers blooming on the design. It worked well with her porcelain white skin complexion, and the flower on her head, was back to it's normal appearance looking as strong and unwilted as ever. The large pink petals covering most of her head like a headdress covering her ginger red hair. She had came in from the western side of the festival, and was immediately repulsed by the gathering of people within the festival, but she recalled what she had to do, so she would trek onward, her clogs lightly clacking against the ground though it had been drowned out by the manner sounds within the festival.

By this point the Hokage had came out to do her introduction speech and she had joined in to listen, though she kept to the outside ring of the gathering and off to the sidewalk so that she wouldn't be swallowed in by the crowd when they would break and the festival would start. Her ocean eyes gazed towards the woman that was named Hokage of these people and she gazed at her with interest, curiosity even, though from her point of view she barely caught a glance at Shura who silently stood behind the Hokage.

With the announcement of the festival officially starting, Kisayuri simply just stood there, her eyes gazing left and right in wonder as to where should she start first. She's come to the festival multiple years, but each time she was with Gaidoku so it was much easier for her to ignore the world around her and focus on her, but now this year she was on her own.
Back to top Go down
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 1:28 pm

GM POST

Word count: 452 | 1478

The festival had started and the many had broken away from the area around the Hokage's building. Retreating back to their various areas, the festival came to life. The chatter very quickly beginning to build up all around, people talking about various things from how their day at work was to comparing the cuteness of babies to other babies. The foot booth's began to fire up with life and various types of food had began to be created from the famous Ichiraku Ramen booth all the way to the Sogata Sushi stands. There was a bit of everything and anything to be found at this festival. Most of the foods sold there were from restaurants that were already stationed at Konoha, but there were a couple other food stands that came from other cities within Fire Country that had been invited to come and set up a booth and sell their wares.

The game booths also began to swim with life as well from ring toss, to trying to catch a goldfish with a paddle that had paper at it's center. The various live entertainment that scattered throughout the festival was also a sight to behold, from puppet shows for the kiddies, all the way to weapon demonstration for the adults. There was much to do and not enough time to do it all.

Within the crowd during the time that the Hokage made her speech, there was a tall robed person, covered from head to toe in a robe, holding onto a cane and slouching foreword, who would gaze up at the Hokage and a grin would cross his bandaged covered face, when the festival had started, he disappeared into the crowd.

Sylvan, however, wouldn't be so lucky, the moment she had climbed up to the rooftops, She would be immediately surrounded by ANBU Black-ops who would encircle her and gaze down upon her with much killer instinct boring into her very being. It took a second before that killer instinct would had disappeared and one of the ANBU would speak out to Sylvan. "Sylvan Yamanaka." the voice would be completely unfamiliar to her. "A recent genin, you should have been informed already, but the rooftops are prohibited at all times during the festival." They wouldn't even allow for her to defend herself as one had reached our grabbing her by the collar, picking her up, disappearing with her in a blurr and reappearing at ground level within the festival and letting her go gently on her feet. "Enjoy the festival, Keep clear of the roof tops from now on." And like that the ANBU would disappear instantly.

The other ANBU's as well would disappear from sight upon the roof tops.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield

Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:34 pm

The siblings had agreed to look around first and see what was around this year before going to one last year, mainly due to last year having been stuck with being stuck at every puppet before having a chance to get to anything else. Also, in order to see if their was any interesting foods that they could have instead of sticking just to ramen, something Nathan and mother's family had when they were too lazy to make some dinner. So, they were off to see what the Festival had to offer.

Which led to Pallas constantly pointing to everything at everything that caught her eye, which ended up being nearly everything. "I want to see the puppets!" She said while throwing her entire body to point at the show that was starting up. Then, she spotted a food stand. "I want that!" Nathan jerking over to that direction. With each new and interesting thing, Pallas' legs would squeeze on her brother's throat even tighter. Athena was both worried and amused by the whole ordeal.

She knew that she should help, but the silly face that Nathan made while Pallas intentionally straggled him was too funny not to gain a grin. The fact that her brother was having such a hard time did sorry her, but at the moment, she was too busy trying not to laugh. Her concern would only overcame her when Pallas pulled him a little too hard towards her direction. Nathan moved towards her and he would have knocked her over if she didn't quickly move out of his way.

"Pallas!" Athena shouted at her the little girl paused so that she could look down at her big sister. "Stop it or we won't see them." She said sternly as Nathan started to regain his breath. Pallas nodded slowly and they continued on their small trek, "Okay, the first place is my choice." He said while moving Pallas off his shoulders.

"It already was." Athena reminded him. "I knew that." Nathan said before continuing to move around through the Festival. "Sure..." Athena muttered as she rolled her eyes.
((352))
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Kitty frowned thoughtfully, casually hopping up and landing directly on top of someone's head, stepping from one head to the next with casual ease as the crowd milled around under her, naturally unable to react to her. "I tend to agree," she says after a full minute of visibly turning it over in her mind. "In a supreme fact of supreme irony, part of your self-perfection does not involve overcoming a severe mental illness by overcoming and banishing it, but by embracing it and trying to feed your delusion enough chakra to make her as real to the world as she is to you. Or something of that nature, at least. We suspect that in addition to the material I'm made of becoming more sophisticated, seasoned, and otherwise capable, I constitute a tiny 'leak' in your chakra, a leak that is causing me to be more real and able to more convincingly imitate being alive, for lack of a better term. I will always be you, Rose..."
"...but as time goes on, you will also be you." Rose nods minutely in the real world, utterly unaware of a certain adorable and scheming genin spotting her in the crowd and devising deviousness against her person. "I like it. You're hideously gauche..."
"Thank you."
"...which isn't meant to be a compliment, but I increasingly think that not regularly interacting with you, if only in my own head, has severely retarded by progress as a shinobi. You are part of my completeness, and Serasena has made me aware that a complete shinobi smiles, giggles, has fun, and does all sorts of childish and stupid things, the better to round themselves out and give them a path towards increasing greatness. It's amazing to me that she achieve being a genin before I, but that may well be because I've always loved to train and hone myself, and I completely forgot that training has to be part of upward movement, or it's entirely pointless. Also, I take it that achieving a higher rank of ability will lead to me being able to earn my way and from there, I can start working on building the array of weapons and implements I'll need to multiply my effectiveness. That sheath you derived from my mind, for example."
"It'll be good to get back to work, work that earns ryo," Kitty smiles. "That has always given you the greatest joy, working with your hands, working hard, and working long, and then the day coming when Father puts a coin in your hand and repeats that mantra of his: 'A just payment for just work, done honestly and well. Use it honestly and well, and more will come. Work honestly and well, and more will come. Honesty and work make the woman, make the husband, make the child, make prosperity.' And then you'd wake up the next day and work yourself harder, not because you wanted more coins, but because you wanted Father to tell you that you'd done honest and good work and deserved a just reward."
"I am the sum of my parents." Rosie finally allows herself to smile more.
"And of your friends. Speaking of such, you're about ten seconds from being hugged by something sweet and cute. Try not to freak out."
"I am not going to 'freak out' and what do you mean, hugged by something small and...?" And it's at this precise moment that she felt a hand lay heavy on her shoulder, the entire weight of a smaller girl in the midst of a leap, and stiffens the other shoulder so she can swiftly pivot and catch the intruder with an open-palm blow to drive them back, when she remembers Kitty's precise words. Something sweet and cute, and don't freak out. She lets herself relax, and momentarily enjoy the highly amusing sight of Serasena hopping up on her, using her shoulder as a pivot point to swing around, and then hug her around the neck, using Rosie herself as a support to hang from.
"Hello, Serasena." She says just a breath after Sera herself cries out an enthusiastic greeting, and Sera finds herself greeted by the same smile Rosie had acquired a few moments before in response to Kitty discussing her parents, specifically her father. Partly to relieve the pressure of being hung on and party because she was actually happy to see the invincibly cheerful and happy young genin, she wraps her arms around Sera and places them on her lower back so she's partly held up by Rosie's arms as well as her death-grip around Rosie's neck.
When Sera decides to let go, Rosie would let her hug go as well and watch the smaller student land and hop backwards to create some polite space between them. She smiles a little more when Sera beams at her and twirls, showing off a pretty yukata and generally indicating the festival itself. "I think the yukata is very lovely, Serasena," she says with immense sincerity. "My father would call it a just payment for honest work well-done, and graduation and successfully completing a mission would certainly be honest work well-done." She then looks around at the festival, admittedly not being able to see too much of it because of the immense masses of people milling around her. "The Festival of Beginning has been a... difficult time for me for a long while," she admits, her eyes leaving Sera as she tries to avoid her smaller friend seeing eyes that she knew were a bit moist now and breaking her carefully-cultivated facade of being sour and overly serious. "After I became old enough to decide to go or not go, I chose to work instead of go, or study instead. The Festival has been very lonely since I was eight, missing a very important thing that I'd... lost, I guess, for a while. I got what I lost back, though, and I thought I'd try coming back to the Festival and seeing how it is when I'm older and..."
At this point, Rosie finally trusts her grip on herself enough to turn back to Serasena, and her words stop as her eyes fix on a point a good bit above Sera's head. Kitty is presently doing a one-armed handstand on top of Sera's head with a wide vulpine grin plastered to her face, and she's decided to allow the forces of gravity to do their thing with a kimono that's already somewhat creatively worn and quite loosely tied. Rosie compresses her lips and her face begins to twitch, and then her chest, as she tries desperately not to laugh at a kitsune with a few unmentionable features peeking out from around her clothing doing a handstand on top of Serasena's head, who would have no way to perceive the presence of what amounts to Rosie's schizophrenic hallucination. After several seconds, she loses the battle and doubles over, giggling in an extremely uncharacteristic and very much un-Rosie kind of way.
"I am by far the most fantastic kitsune every imagined by a teenager!" Kitty informs her cheerfully, switching from using her entire hand to doing the entire performance on a fingertip.
"You... are so bad... oh hokage, my gut..." And at that point, the insane giggling degenerates into a full-blown belly laugh. "Sorry... Serasena... totally not laughing at... at you, I... p...promise... not... not at the festival..." And then she can't speak anymore from laughing so hard, which is very much not helped by Kitty using her fingertip to push off into the selectively enforced gravity and then catch herself a bare inch above the cute girl's head, assuming a lotus position with her plush sea of tails drifting such that if Sera could see and feel her, every inch of her face and upper body would be getting tickled by the touches of silky, soft fur.
"Your own hallucination clowning around to paralyze you with laughter," Kitty says with that grin in place, her eyes dancing with cheerful mirth. "You certainly need to have your head examined, Rose darling."

{Word Count: 1347 | 2000}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Seresana beamed back happily at Rosie's compliment to the dress and her work in the festival. She even hopped up a little at just being unable to contain her excitement but that eagerness and happiness all instantly disappeared when she noticed that Rosie had momentarily gotten a little upset. But when Rosie looked back over and then burst out laughing, Seresana hesitated for a moment before joining the taller girl, first just giggling and then full on laughing. Seresana couldn't know that the reason for such laughter was above her head, but that didn't mean she couldn't just get caught up in the moment, besides, it was really nice to see Rosie not only smiling but laughing. Seresana couldn't seem to recall such an act happening before and didn't want such a time to go by wasted and so for an unknown amount of time, Seresana just stood there laughing with Rosie.

After a bit though, Seresana's laughter died down as she glanced towards the sky again to see that it was getting late and she found her mind reeling from a realization. She'd agreed to meet up with Sylvan at the festival, it'd been about the only way Seresana had managed to convince her to come to the festival what with her fear of crowds, and by now she was going to be late in arriving at their meeting spot. With her expression switching over to one of wide eyed panic and worry as Seresana looked down the crowded street towards the booth she'd agreed to meet Sylvan at, Seresana mentally berated herself for the lack of consideration for Sylvan's fear she'd just demonstrated. "Oh no," Seresana started before looking back over to Rose. "Rosie, I'm sorry but I promised that I'd meet up with Sylvan here and I'm running late. You can come along if you want, but I've really got to go and now," Seresana explained quickly before giving a quick apologetic hug and then sprinting down the street.

Now when it came to navigating through the crowded festival, Seresana had a very easy time for a couple reasons. One of which was Seresana's size, the tiny girl was easily able to weave between the other bodies that more slowly milled about the stands and booths. The other part that helped her was the fact that she'd helped build this festival and knew exactly where she was going, including the quickest way towards actually getting to the booth she was looking for. When she got there, Seresana saw a flash of movement and then Sylvan just next to the booth they were supposed to meet up and wearing a yukata. "Sylvan!" Seresana yelled out happily as she ran towards the other taller girl and all but jumped to her form, wrapping her arms tightly around Sylvan. "I'm so sorry I'm late. I got a little distracted and it took me too long to get changed which I love your yukata by the way but the crowd was so thick, and, and, and I didn't see you at first," Seresana stammered out apologies as she held Sylvan close. She couldn't imagine Sylvan was faring well, down here on the street, surrounded by a large crowd of people and all by herself, so she just kept doing the first thing that came to mind to help Sylvan and that was hold onto her tightly until Sylvan could confirm being alright or some other kind of instruction.

Word Count: 576
Total: 2,009
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 2:24 am

Yusuri almost immediately caught onto Sylvan reaching out for her and looked around her perimeters, it was like a loud gong going off in her head and it rattled her, but she was quick to point out where the mental line ran to. Following the almost beacon like thought pattern Yusuri responded in the connection, "Hello Sylvan, I'm on my way so be patient... I spotted you I'll be right there." Yusuri went silent mentally as she twisted around the crowd with ease. Reaching the location she greeted Sylvan silently, along with Seresana who showed up not seconds prior. Her noticable lack of a yukata, only as obvious as Nathan and his two siblings within the crowd. That was to say as obvious as a bowling ball in a haystack. Especially during the moment when his sister had been choking him.
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Sylvan was quite frightened. She was still getting over her lingering jitters from before she had scaled the building when killing intent stabbed into her from the suddenly appearing ANBU members. Then, as quick as they'd arrived, they moved her back onto the crowd before she could even protest. This was not good for her. Her mind thought fast, even while terrified. Perhaps not as logically, but still fast. Skipping straight over "confusion over the ANBU's warning", she dove into "utter terror", curling into a ball and trying to blend in with the wall she was leaning on. She wasn't normally this helpless before the crowd. Of course, this wasn't a normal situation. This was a festival, and the rooftops were off limits to her. As such, she was stuck here. A few people might look at her oddly, but she wouldn't notice. Her vision had begun to blur with tears by this point. She didn't really cry that much, as few things really bothered her. Unfortunately, begin trapped between a wall and a giant crowd of people was one of those few things.
The telepathic panic Yusuri could hear had become much less coherent, sounding much like sobbing rather than requests for aid. Seresana and Yusuri would both soon be able to see Sylvan, her green hair and yukata standing out against the earthy tones of the wall she leaned against. In her current position, she resembled a terrified animal more so than her normal self. That being said, she would immediately latch onto Sena as soon as she moved up, muffling her sobs slightly in the other girl's shoulder. "S-Sena, Yusuri... W-Where were you? There were so many people, and they wouldn't let me stay on the roof, and.." Sylvan would continue babbling for awhile, keeping her friends between her and the rest of the crowd at all times.
{311 Words}
Back to top Go down
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 2:03 pm

---
Word count: 258 | 1089
---

So here she was alone for the first time in years to a festival she barely had much interest in. So what exactly could she do? Her gaze looked to the left and her gaze shifted to the right as she was trying to make a decision in her mind. So many faces all around, faces she has seen before throughout the year and some others she doesn't recognize at all. She would take a deep breath and take her first step into the crowd, moving her way through it. There were all sorts of people of varying different heights and weights and even ages.

She was quiet and silent as she looked around while making her way through the festival. Her eyes looking between people and seeing the differences between them and even occasionally she would stand off a little bit of a distance to over hear conversations that would be going on.  As she moved through the festival she came to a halt when she spotted a familiar face of someone she saw before. Though this person was moving rather quickly as if needing to get to someplace important. Kisayuri stepped back onto the sidewalk and watched from a distance this girl shoot through the crowd effortlessly like a bat outta hell. Her head turning slightly watching the direction she went. She would arch a brow and tilt her head slightly. "Did something happen?" she mumbled softly to herself as she would lift a hand and touch her own chin lightly with her index finger.
Back to top Go down
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 2:09 pm

GM POST

Word count: 190 | 1668

The start of the fesitval was rather successful and thing's were going quite well. The streets were bustling with life, it was a lot of people, but it wasn't so tightly packed that people couldn't comfortably move about in groups. Families tended to move around together in groups around the entertainment to allow for their children to joy in the games that were going on. A good number of the older people would be around the areas where there would be food and alcohol told. Teenagers and younger children that came in their own groups or own their own would be dispersed about, though most easily can be spotted in entertainment booths, and live music stages. Occasional couples here and there can be spotted holding hands and walking together having themselves a great time.

There would be music floating through the air that could be heard coming from the musician's that were playing in various different blocks. As the festival continued to go on the packed beginning crowd would gradually spread apart and do their own things, so it would become easier to move about the longer the festival lasted.
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Seresana continued to kneel where she was, letting Sylvan cry and get out her pain while her left hand slowly slid to the taller girl's back. When it got there, Seresana started slowly rubbing Sylvan's back in a simple circular motion, trying to offer comfort and calm Sylvan down some more. "I'm so sorry Sylvan, it took me longer than I thought to finish getting ready and get here, but now Yusu and I are here and everything's going to be alright," she said calmly and sweetly. "Now dry your tears and we'll go enjoy the festival," Seresana went on as she continued to kneel there and comfort Sylvan. Though she would start to try and stand them both up, Seresana was in absolutely no rush to do so and would continue to kneel beside Sylvan as long as it would take. Though when they did make it to their feet, Seresana would look to not only Sylvan, but also Yusuri and Rose if she followed, and state her next proposition while a very prevalent thought entered her mind.

"So, why don't we all go and play a game," Seresana said before looking around for a moment until her eyes fell on one of the gold fish catching games, where the idea was to try and pick up one of the fish via the paddles with paper netting. "Oh, how about that one," she added in before trying to direct the group towards the game. Meanwhile, Seresana's mind couldn't dismiss the notion that she would be almost constantly looking up for the duration of this festival for all three of the other girls towered over her short form by several inches. "Sometime's life truly is unfair," she mentally said to herself while moving towards the brightly decorated festival booth.

Word Count: 300
Total: 2,309
Back to top Go down
thaliamint

thaliamint

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Iku had attended the festival this year, like every year. However, she had long since become independent from her family, and unlike previous years, she came alone. Whereas she used to arrive with her family. Her father, her mother, and her brother had always accompanied her. Or rather, she had accompanied them. With only her brother there to ever entertain her. This year, though, she was alone, and as a lone wanderer, she wore nothing of note; just her usual garb. Which consisted of her usual white cloak, mesh shirt that oddly, doubled as a skirt, and sleek black leggings that clung tightly to the top of her short legs. Since living on her own, money became quite the issue. She had no such ryo to pay for some pretty little thing to don festively about her person. Her mother always dressed her up on the years they came, and would probably have done so this year, if she had arrived with her parents.

The Uchiha girl was never truly interested in this time of thing. These festive times were more of a bother to her than anything. Yet she attended them, out of posterity, if nothing else.

Moving away from a simple game, in a booth, setting down the paddle, that she had used to try to catch the little swimmy creature, but failed at doing so, Iku stepped away, towards the crowd. She momentarily paused to listen to the Hokage's speech. The woman was held in great esteem in Iku's eyes. Anyone of power was. However, in this instant, her deep, blank midnight blue eyes traveled beyond the Hokage, to the figure standing just behind her. Iku narrowed her eyes at the cloaked person. He was covered head to toe and nothing gave away anything about him. Her interest was immediately sparked, and she kept focus on him for quite awhile longer, until her interest dwindled.

Iku would definitely have to keep an eye on that one. However, she too, got caught up into the festivities of the night. Pushing her small frame through the endless crowd, music filled her ears, and scents both good and bad wafted through her nose. Her eyes couldn't focus on much, and she wondered if she should activate her Sharingan, just to focus. Maybe in a way, this was it's own form of training. Training one's mental mind to focus and discern minute details in an extraneous environment. A grin spread across Iku's lips. She had never considered using such a time and place for training. The thought interested her much. Her eyes scanned the crowd, trying to find anything of note. The constant movement from all the bodies around her distorted her vision. This was harder than it looked.

{450 words}
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 9:43 pm

After Sera told her what she intended to do, Rosie took a moment to reel herself in, still giggling but able to speak now. This was partly helped by Kitty immediately turning off the absurdity and clowning and alighting with fluid grace on the ground near Serasena.
"Of course she'd commit to meeting with that poor thing," the kitsune comments. "Still struggling for stability, probably too odd to make friends, definitely in need of someone to care. Someone like a young girl who likes to play in the snow, stalks you during the beginning of this festival so she can deliver weapons-grade glomping of adorable, and seems completely and utterly unflappable. Also, with the skill and determination to be your classes's first genin."
"It's definately a very Sera move," Rosie agrees, chuckling before giving her companion a nod. "I'd be glad to come along to meet Sylvan. I haven't seen her since I came across her setting a cactus on fire, on account of it being an alien being that stalks young shinobi to lay traps with hoard of sharp needles to the rear end, and you're running as fast as you can and can't hear a thing I'm saying."
Rosie gives a little sigh that two parts exasperation to three parts fond and starts through the crowd after her. Sera certainly had a major advantage in this endeavor, being small and knowing exactly where she was going, but if she bothered at all to check on Rosie following her, she'd see that the taller girl is twisting and weaving through the living mass with barely less alacrity, her gaze slightly elevated as she follows a hallucination of violet balls of fire bobbing cheerfully in the wake of a hallucinated kitsune skipping deftly across the heads of the crowd. That not a whit of this made logical sense didn't really occur to her, not anymore; she'd long ago accepted that acknowledging Kitty and treating her as a real person to talk to, she'd be shrugging off reality-bending disagreements with the real world around her. Sylvan, Yusari, and Sera would just be finishing their greetings and first exchanges when Rosie twists around a hugging couple and ilterally vaults a small child in her way, and stops a moment to compose herself so she can approach the gathering as nonchalantly as possible.
"Another panic attack, it would appear," Kitty noted as they came across a sobbing and frightened Sylvan clinging desperately to Serasena with Yusari standing by. "I wonder what occasioned...
"ANBU." Rosie sighed audibly. "I guess she didn't realize that the roofs would be kept clear for safety reasons."
"Odd that they'd be worried about a threat at a public event--unless they have reason to believe there's danger."
"That wouldn't be good." Externally, Rosie approaches just behind Sera and leans down a bit so she can reach out and very lightly lay a hand on the extremely distressed Sylvan. "I mean nothing by it, Sera, but I think that doing directly from a panic attack caused by what was very likely ANBU to trying to play a game is probably not best at the moment. I don't mind games for the purposes of this festival but I think the appropriate solution here is..." She hesitates. "...um..."
"Group hug."
"...a group hug," Rosie repeats instantly. "Or something similar," she hastens to add.

{Word Count: 560 | 2560}
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 am

"Toosan! Kaasan! I'm leaving now!" Jirou said happily as he put on his shoes. He was finally going to participate in his first Festival of Beginnings, after talking about it a fair bit with his parents. His brothers were pissed that they could not go with him, but they were going to attend the festival regardless. However, he was also trying to find other ninjas to hang out with so he could probably learn more from them. Who knows, he might even make some friends.
"Oh? Now? Hold up a bit, Jirou-kun." He heard his mother, Asami Kyuuzaki, call after him. She came to the front door with a small pouch in her hand. "Here, honey. Some ryou to spend. If you get hungry, I suggest checking out this ramen booth on the western side of town. Oh, and don't tell your brothers. It's a bit of a secret. I know for a fact that your father is going to be there today, so could you say hi to him if you find yourself there?" She asked. Jirou nodded and smiled warmly before hugging his female progenitor and running off into the evening, ready to enjoy the festival that celebrated Konohagakure's creation. While his father was busy helping with the preparations for the festival, Jirou was looking for the best spots to find ninjas he could enjoy the evening with. Being by yourself was good and all if you were practicing or needed some time alone, but for a festival like this loneliness was out of the equation.

While he had missed the fireworks of the Hokage, he was able to see some fireworks coming afterwards. The colors were impressive, making him wonder if they were actually some type of jutsu instead of the powder and color that they seemed to be made of. If they were the powder and color variety, it was really impressive. If it was jutsu, that simply added to the impressiveness factor.

The first place he was going to check was obvious - the plaza where the Hokage gave her speech. He had seen her a few times, always with a bodyguard of ninjas close by. Last time he saw her she was heading to the Academy to congratulate the students who passed and had officially become Genin. Jirou smirked. While he wasn't an Academy student, having a private tutor allowed him to learn just as much as the students do, if not more. He would soon be Genin as well and start taking missions of his own.
But enough about that, he had a festival to celebrate. And looking for fellow ninjas to enjoy it with.

Speaking of which, he already found some. But by the looks of it it was not a happy bunch. One of them was curled up in a ball and crying profusely.
"Konbanwa... Excuse me, but I saw your friend crying and was wondering if something happened?" He asked while bowing respectfully, trying to keep his distance. He figured he should introduce himself once he figured what was going on with the girl. He also overheard their conversation regarding ANBU. "Those were ANBU?" He wondered. But right now he had more things to worry about than that. Like calming down the girl.

Word Count: 537

Last edited by Brother Roga on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield

Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:50 am

Nathan walked around for a good while, making sure to keep a good eye out for any of his classmates. It was mostly just to prove that he actually knew the names of some of his classmates. This search led to discovery two things. The first being, Iku was in the crowd and ultimately making him alter his course. The second was the group that had moved around Sylvan. Most of the faces he knew and due to having some expertise in spotting sad faces with his sisters doing so fairly often. Seeing the crowd around her made him smile, assuming that they were there to comfort her. He had the feeling that his presence would be unneeded and more importantly, it was best to avoid teasing from Athena. A small amount of teasing had started up due to tendency in training with females instead of his own gender though Athena made sure to poke there in order to fun at her brother for a small laugh. Of course Nathan would make sure to get her back for it later. The thought of it made him feel a little bit happier as they made their way through the crowd.

He did keep an eye for Iku, mostly in order to avoid running into her. The last thing he wanted was to meet up with her. He started up a small debate of whether or not his caution was justified since Iku had only beaten him during a sparring session with the other classmates and she probably wouldn't try anything during the festival, especially with the ANBU being around. Still, he didn't want her anywhere near his sister's, knowing that she could ruin the festival for them if she gave more than a second of attention towards him and his sisters.

"Nathan? You alright?" Athena asked, having known that her brother was thinking was about something.

"Yeah." He said simply and wasn't asked anymore questions.
((325))
Back to top Go down
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 1:19 pm

---
Word count: 166 | 1255
---

Kisayuri would stay in her spot as she continued to watch the speedy girl make her way through the crowd and eventually disappeared from her sight. She tilted her head lightly staring at that direction a while before she would look away from that group and around her area. Looking to decide her course for the night. That wonderful sound, sounded like a decent place to start at. "This is the music human's make." she would whisper to herself as she would cross the street, maneuver through the crowd heading to one of the stages that hosts the live music. This stage in particular had a band on stage with a variety of instruments; a sitar, drums, and even a vocalist. Kisayuri would head over in that direction, keeping a good distance from the dancing group that were in front of the stage. Standing to a little opening within the crowd where she would be able to get a good view of the stage.
Back to top Go down
Paper Heart
Admin
Paper Heart

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 1:26 pm

GM POST

Word count: 217 | 1885

While the events of the festival continued, these particular events occurred behind closed doors. Within the office of the Hokage, a conversation between the Hokage herself and her adviser Shura.

"I hold no reason not to believe your words, Shura, but what proof do you have that he will be here? I don't think it's particularly necessary to up the security for this event."

Shura would stand in front of the Hokage's desk gazing at the woman who sat in the seat. His voice came out, it was quite deep. "It is better to be safe than sorry, but if you require proof. Then here."

He would walk up to the desk and reach into his sleeve and pull out a worn scroll and handed it to the Hokage. "This had arrived to us a few days after construction work for the festival started."

The Hokage would grab the scroll opening it and reading it. Her eyes would widen as she lifted her gaze up at Shura. "What nonsense is this? Do you know what he means by testing?"

There was a sort silence. The Hokage would gain a serious look upon her face. "Speak Shura."

There was another short silence, but after a moment, Shura would break the silence as he revealed his thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Two things were immediately of attention to Yusuri when she reached Sylvan and began to allow Seresana to calm her roommate. One was that Nathan, one of the few in the crowd she knew had turned away and had shifted course,and the source of his sudden direction change; Iku Uchiha. As soon as he caught sight of the short Uchiha girl she began to think of a reason to leave, however, that wasn't easily done at the moment. As Jirou arrived to the group she had remained in place next to Sylvan, quickly wrapping her arms around Sylvan and leaned into her ear, "Hey I have to attend to some business, I'll leave you with Sere for now." With that she gave Sylvan a squeeze and left the embrace and shifted back into the crowd. The adults and other children making it hard to see her over all the vibrant colors and people. As she continued walking she found her way into the crowd she found her way to Iku. Placing herself in front of the other girl she gave a slight bowing nod in greeting to the one she served.
Back to top Go down
Valesti

Valesti

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 9:35 am

Festival of Blood [Ended!] 96723af4-4439-432a-8e17-52d9ad0a489c_zps9a9d2761Yuki Vales
Stamina: 100
Chakra: 100
S.Chakra: 50
Attributes: Att:3 | Str:1 | Tou:1 | Agi:1 | Spd:4
Word: 1512
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I want to be more than just OPEN THIS DOOR because everything that we have been is GOD DAMNIT VAL in the eyes of those around us. Through this inner darkness You have always been by my side, and I SWEAR VAL IF YOU DONT OPEN THIS DOOR I want this dream...."

Val slowly removed the headset from his head, laying in his " Second " bed and directing his head to the direction of the door. There was a sigh that escaped from his lips before he rolled over onto his stomach, and eventually off the bed. It was a shame for a woman to be making this kind of ruckus, though it wasn't too surprising due to the individual that it was coming from. Words formed in his head immediately as he opened the door, and he let them out upon seeing the face of the person screaming.

" Im not going ".

The person he had addressed was none other than his biological mother, Ari. She was just in formal wear,  though it seemed to lack neatness, almost as if purposely done to " appear " casual. Her hand was on her hip, and the aggressive movement of her body, while actually minimal, was displayed a great deal through the motions of her bountiful blue hair.

" What do you mean you're not going!? This is an event that most in this village is attending. This is like the best thing you can do for yourself! and I will not allow you to miss it. Get out of here and mingle! have fun and encounter new people. God forbid you never give me a grand..."

Before she could even finished, the door was shut closed right in her face, a few inches away from her nose actually. her eyes closed half way while she was frozen in place, almost in disbelief that this happened, but in a " oh hell naw " way. An instance later, a loud noise echoed throughout the home and following that was the young Yuki being carried over shoulder by his mother. She was an interesting individual that Ari, a gentle soul and loving mother most instances, and then a straightforward not taking any shit asshole in the remaining. He had been chilling with her as of recently, and almost immediately regretting it due to how all over the place she can be. Once she made it to the door, she kicked the door open, placed Val down, and then forced him out. There was literally no resistance what so ever because it was Val. The way he was tossed out was almost borderline abuse, and sadly enough the norm. Picking himself up easily, and dusting himself off, he looked back to his mother who was in the doorway with the most peaceful and sincere expression on her face, that it would blow the minds of individuals if they had just witnessed what just transpired.

" You're going to have so much fun Val! and don't worry about coming back early. Be sure to meet a lovely young lady so you can one day in the future give me grand..."

It was at that instant that Val began tuning his mother out and began making his way to the main streets. By this time, it was dark outside, yet the village was illuminating like a place where no one ever sleeps. It was lively, and oddly very interesting to the Yuki. This had been his very first time to this event actually, due to his adoptive parents respecting his wishes on not attending. He wasn't living with his Biological Mother, but over the course of his very recent training, he had been staying there for awhile, and it was quite obvious that she wasn't having him become a shut in. Due to being forced out in an instant, the Yuki was still wearing his casual attire that he wore on most days, which may or may not stand out based on the festival itself. If most people wore Yukata's and stuff, then it would definitely stick out like a sore thumb. This wasn't something that was on his mind though as he began to make his advances through the main streets crowded by many people of the village. There was so many things going and the Yuki had completely missed the whole speech giving by the Hokage, which was completely fine. There were many things to do in the area, and amongst them was one that seemed to have caught Val's attention. The booth contained a what appeared to be some rectangular shaped paper on the top, all positioned in way that together would form an octagon. Behind the booth was a woman with flowing white hair, almost pale skin while donning a Velvet colored Kimono. Both of their eyes met, and upon that instant a smile formed on her face.

" You're new aren't you ? Your first time here to this event is what I mean ".

There was a slight nod from the Yuki before he closed the distance between him and the booth. No words came from him though as he analyzed the pieces of paper on it. There were Pictures in the middle of them, with japanese characters across the top. The expression on his face barely showed that he did not understand what they were for.

" This event is always such a pleasure to attend. It's a time where everyone are reborn of their former selves as they embrace the future and it's possibilities. Its something you can come to appreciate over a great period of time, and the snacks are absolutely grand!....Oh...Im sorry. I got beyond myself at the thought of the future...and snacks. Would you like to know your future ? Come give me your hand ".

The idea of knowing his future caused the Yuki to have doubts, as such a thing was not possible. Still it was in all fun, and wasn't costing him a thing so there was no real reason to object to doing so. He reached out his hand, and as he did she gathered the pieces of Paper together into a slight stack. She shuffled the papers and then placed them in his hand.

" Now do as I just did ".

He did as she instructed, shuffling the sheets before placing them back down on the booth. There was an eerie silence that engulfed the area around them. She kissed his hand, and then she motioned two sheets from the top, one two the left of the stack, and the other to the right. While noise was being made in every direction around them, mentally it felt as if they were cut off from everyone and the sound had dampened a great deal. She flipped over the sheet on the left first.

" Oh my...This is very interesting indeed. Don't let the picture of the sheet creep you out. People misunderstand this a great deal at first glance, but in truth this symbolizes metamorphosis and deep change, regeneration and cycles. In your near future a series of events will bring about great losses in you as an individual, and those around you. Don't fret...in the cycle, great loss begets great change...".

There was a slight pause, followed by the turning over of the other sheet.

" You don't know now. You ask yourself why and lack clearance of that ahead of you, but through this great change you will gain clarity in your heart and mind. It is clarity that will only be able to be obtained through taking the initiative, being stern in will and unfailing determination. Push through the dark clouds by harnessing your talents and don't look back...most interesting indeed ".

Val was completely lost in it all, despite locking the words spoken in his vault. It was something interesting, as he instantly connected the not knowing part to him currently seeking out his reason. The rest was just lost to him, though he didn't really express it. The woman grasped his hand gently and she smiled.

" I have faith in you Val that you're going to come out just fine. I normally charge people a buttload afterwards, but for you, it's on the house for such an interesting read. I do hope I get to see you again in the following year for another interesting read. Do take care and enjoy the festival ".

Val figured that was his cue to step away. Suddenly, all the noises around him returned to normal. He stood there, thinking to himself in the midst of the people celebrating and having fun. This was definitely an interesting start for him with the festival. Looking back at the booth, the woman seem to have vanished from the spot, and the sheets of paper being gone as well. After attempting to process what had occurred, the Yuki began to motion through the crowd, making his way deeper into the village wondering what was it he was to do next. He didn't see anyone he encountered before as of yet, so for now it was just him.
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Sylvan nods, climbing to her feet. She nods to Yusuri, curious as to the other girl's reasons but respecting her privacy. They were roommates after all. She turns to Sena, wiping off the last of the tears, and nods. About this time, she also notices Rosie was there too. She nods respectfully to the slightly taller girl. "thank you for coming as well Rosie." Sylvan walks over, and hugs her. The hug is slightly awkward, as Sylvan is unused to hugging peopel around her own height, but it does convey thanks and appreciation. With that done, Sylvan looks to the two of her... 'Friends, the word would be friends.' and says "The ANBU were quite... irate that I was on the roof. Killing intent and all. If we are to play a game, it might be better to do so in a less densely packed part of the crowd." There were numerous reasons for that. Sure, Sylvan didn;t want to be near such large groupings of people. But there was also the fact that evading whatever threat the ANBU suspected would be easier if they had room to manuever.
Sylvan looked around, trying to spot where they could go. She almost asked Sena, but...It did not escape her notice that everyone in the immedate area loomed over Sena. Sylvan managed not to smirk outwardly, but both of her shared an amuse chuckle. Sena's slight frusteration was plain. There was also another personc oming over to them, likely a student of some sort. Sylvan tilts her head respectfully. "Thank you, but I am alright for the moment."
{266 Words}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Blood [Ended!]   Festival of Blood [Ended!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Festival of Blood [Ended!]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next