Nindo Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nindo Beginning

Every shinobi has it's path set out for them. What path that may be only the gods will know. Set out to find your path in this crazy shinobi world

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello Everyone! Letting you all know that we have a skype chat available for Nindo members. PM an admin if you wish to be added.

Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Notebook

The Notebook

Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood Empty
PostSubject: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:13 am

"Son? Are you ready?" Called Shikamoa's father, the head of the Sourufoji clan, upstairs to his son who was supposed to be dressing for a meeting between his clan and the Kyuuzaki clan. Hearing his father Shikamoa finished pulling back and tying his hair and headed down stairs rubbing the back of his neck. He had put on a more formal outfit for the meeting between the two clans; although, he had no particular idea as to what the two clans needed to meet for. He was told to be on his best behavior or face the consequences, he knew better than to not be.
“Yes Sir. I am,” The young Sourufoji member said in a tired, disinterested voice. His dad looked down at him and Shikamoa looked away, this caused his father to sigh and begin walking. He didn’t motion for his son to follow, but Shikamoa knew better than to not follow. That was the signal that they were leaving; his father was always like that, no wasted words, no wasted time. Somehow he still managed to be lazier than most everyone within the village, despite being a jonin. Exiting the front of their clan district the father-son duo began to walk towards the nearby small clan home of the Kyuuzaki clan.

Word Counter: 214
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:46 am

"Nande, Toosan?" The young ninja-in-training asked.
"What?" The older, experienced ninja replied.
"Why do I have to dress up like this?"
"You know full well the why of it, Jirou, now put those clothes on before your mother comes back."
"Hai..."
A short but meaningful conversation between a man and his offspring was all it took to clear the matter between Hideo and Jirou Kyuuzaki, even if the latter had closed the deal rather unenthusiastically. The day was going to be special; Another clan was coming today to discuss various things like alliances and even possible arranged marriages. Makoto and Satoshi were already dressed and waiting in the living room for their father to give further orders. The clothing had always been done in this family in this particular manner for social events: Satoshi, Jirou and Makoto clothe first, followed by Hideo and finally Asami, the matriarch of the household. However, since Jirou had started his training, he'd started going with his dad so he could be taught more things like how to handle kunais in a dressing room and how to make sure they didn't accidentally stab someone. This practically meant being really tidy. But having a clothing locker with a complimentary hidden compartment for ninja equipment was helpful.
One might consider the lack of privacy in such a place worrying but Jirou never saw any problem with it. Anyway, that was the least of his concerns. His training with his sensei had to be cancelled today due to the visit of the Sourufoji clan. In a way, Jirou found the whole thing to have some sense to it, but he left the thinking of pros and cons to his big brother Satoshi. He was the one who would be the diplomat of the family anyway.
With the pair's clothing process finally done, Jirou and Hideo both stepped out of the clothing room, just in time to hear the front door open and their mother step in with groceries in her hand.
"Ah good, you're here. We are finished in there, you can go and make yourself look more presentable, Asami-chan."
"Thank you. Jirou, could you take these to the kitchen while I get ready?" Asami asked while slightly dusting her hair.
"Hai, Kaasan." Jirou replied while grabbing the grocery bag and lifting it up before taking it over to the kitchen.

Word Count: 382

Last edited by Brother Roga on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 4:19 am

"Father why are we meeting with the Kyuuzaki clan?" Shikamoa asked breaking the silence between the two. Going silent he waited for his father's, more than likely, short response.
"You'll find out when we arrive." His father said simply, annoying Shikamoa ever so slightly.
"But Father, I don't see a point in-" Shikamoa began to say only to have his father turn his head and give him a cold, serious look. Going silent he walked without so much as breathing until his father turned his head back forward. Moving around a corner his father stopped at the front of the residence.
"Son, would you knock in my place I have to go get a certain something really quick." Shikamoa was stunned by his father actually speaking out loud to him, let alone saying more than five words.
"Yes Father, I will be on my best behavior in your wake count on me." He said putting a hand to the his chest over his clans kanji for their motto, "Sound Soul, Sound Mind, Sound Self."
His father disappeared into the air to chase after a certain daughter of his who was not exactly happy with this arrangement. Turning to the front entrance door Shikamoa took a deep breath and straightened a little, knocking twice loud enough to be heard, but quite a bang, or a disrespectful level of noise.

Word Count: 442
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Upon hearing the door being knocked upon, Hideo Kyuuzaki turned his gaze from his son, which had first lingered on his wife who was going to freshen herself up. The knocks were meant to be respectful and had certainly not been loud enough to be taken as the knocks of someone who was causing a ruckus. He found it best if he went to open the door himself.

Opening the door, he found a child dressed in formal clothes one would wear to a social event like the one his family was preparing for.
"Greetings. Are you from the Sourufoji clan? I was expecting more people. Not a lone child." His eyes scanned the boy's figure more closely. His mannerisms seemed formal enough, but he also held an air of disinterest in what he was going through.
He didn't want to be here. A young boy like him most likely would feel that way though. Especially if one was like Jirou.
This made Hideo wonder. What would Jirou have done were he in this boy's shoes?
"But it is not my place to judge what your parents have asked you to do. Come on in." He said before turning towards the hallway that would lead to the living room, where he would sit down on the couch, next to Jirou's brothers, Makoto and Satoshi. Makoto was looking rather excited actually. Probably due to the subject that was going to be discussed between the two clans today.

Word Count: 241 | 623
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:08 pm

"My deepest apologies to you elder Kyuuzaki. I am Sourufoji Shikamoa, the son of Sourufoji Oku, my kin will be along soon. As for why am alone, my father had to go take care of a troublesome matter, he will be here shortly." Shikamoa said in the most polite and mature way he could muster, arching forward he bowed in greeting of the elder and his son. Straightening his back he nodded to Jirou's fathers words, following them into their home quarters.
Elsewhere his father seemed to be none existent as he dashed unseen, finally catching up to his daughter. Clearing his throat he caught her attention, "Sekoia why are you pained by this decision?"
"Father, its not... we are a duo she is right to my left, and I am the left to her right. This proposal... It destroys what we have as siblings does it not?"
"It would seem you could deem it as that. However, I did not force this upon Pain. She accepted my request for her to be in an arranged marriage."
"You mean she-" Sekoia trailed off as Oku Sourufoji nodded.
"Child you know why she can't be by your side much longer, there are reasons for this marraige beyond what you know. Now come, we left your brother alone in a unfamiliar place, he must feel suffocated at this point."
"Yes father," Sekoia answered, they both blurred out of sight.

Word Count: 679
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:25 am

"I see. He must find you capable enough to handle a situation like this then. I suppose this 'troublesome matter' you speak of has something to do with why our clans are meeting?" Hideo asked, before motioning towards the boys sitting on the couch who had rose up and bowed as Shikamoa had walked in.
"These are my sons, Satoshi and Makoto. My third son, Jirou, is in the kitchen right now but he should be ready any moment now." Right on cue, the boy appeared, the closest of the Kyuuzaki to match Shikamoa in age. He bowed just as deep as his brothers did.
"Hajimemashite. I am Jirou-"
"Jirou, what have I told you about using that old dialect in the presence of guests?" Hideo reprimanded. This made Jirou blush for a moment. "Right. Sorry, father." He said before turning back to Shikamoa, bowing again.
"Greetings. I am Jirou Kyuuzaki. Pleased to meet you."
Outside of the room, a voice called out. "Hideo-chan? I heard the door just now, are our guests here?" Asami asked as she was finishing up.
"Only one thus far, you still have time, Asami." Hideo called back. "That was my wife, and mother of my sons, Asami."

Word Count: 197 | 820
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 12:43 am

"I would suppose so sir, though trust is easily lost as it is gained. I believe it to be a situational piece in a relationship. The 'troublesome matter' is nothing to worry about, my father is a very capable jonin." Shikamoa said returning the deep bow of the three brothers.
"It is a all my pleasure to meet all of you as well. I am Sourufoji Shikamoa." He repeated a introduction for the youngest son of the Kyuuzaki family head. 4
"She seems like a very honorable women Elder," Shikamoa said as he came up from his bow, sitting down on the ground on his legs, as he did there was a knocking on the outer gate signifying that another had arrived.

Word Count: 809
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Hideo at first suppressed a chuckle, then decided to let it out. This confused the 3 boys, Jirou silently mouthing a "What" to Makoto, who simply shrugged in response while keeping an eyebrow of his raised.
"It's been far too long since I've had someone be so formal to me. Even the missions I go out on don't contain this kind of dialogue. But I think it may grow old fast, so tell you what, Shikamoa. Until your father gets here, you can drop it with the formalities. Given the subject of today's discussion, we will most likely come to know another far better than one might suspect." This confused Jirou, but Satoshi grinned at that. Even before this whole clan alliance thing was first thought up, Satoshi had been seen sighing happily in Pain's direction whenever he saw her. The fact that he had been caught by Pain's twin, Sekoia, and was beat up afterwards, only served to humor those who weren't part of the two clans. Even Jirou had laughed a bit afterwards. When alone and made sure to check Satoshi wasn't within earshot.
It was at this moment Asami had stepped in the living room. She was looking rather formal, but still light enough on her makeup so she could resume her motherly duties without pause.
"Ah, you must be one of the Sourufoji. I am Asami. An honor to meet you." She greeted Shikamoa with an obeisance. "I see you've already met my husband and sons. In that case, I will be in the kitchen preparing. I can't wait to see the rest of your family." She smiled warmly as she made her way to the kitchen.
Hideo, meanwhile, leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. "So you are a ninja, Shikamoa? Genin yet?" He asked.

Word Count: 298 | 1118
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 12:05 am

Shikamoa chuckled nervously at the prospect of a lack of formality, but didn't write off the idea of being informal with Hideo, if that was really what he wished. Nodding when he was told it was only for now, "If that is what you ask of me in your household, who am I to tell you no Elder?" Shikamoa asked. While he had known Sekoia had gotten in trouble for beating up a boy a while back, Shikamoa had had no idea it was Jirou's brother Satoshi. Glancing over he looked at Asami for all of a second and then back to the father-son qaudra. When Asami spoke to him he nodded quietly, not entirely sure how much longer it would take his family to arrive. Hideo spoke again and Shikamoa's ears perked, "Yes I am, but no sadly I am but an academy student... although my sister's train me at home more than I go to the actual academy. My father is adamant on my teachings being primarily that of blood family and trusted individuals." he said calmly, a heavier amount of disinterest entered his voice than in anything he had said earlier, even though it betrayed the obvious interest the boy had showed in the topic.

Word Count: 1017
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 3:42 am

Jirou perked up at Shikamoa's words. He had first thought Shikamoa to be a genin already, but nay, he now had someone who might soon even become a sibling-in-law. Hideo noticed this and smiled. "A wise choice. Passing the knowledge of your elders to the current generation. I do the same with Jirou here. However, we also have arranged a private tutor for him so he could learn from someone who can give their full attention to him." He said, motioning to the boy in question.
"Maybe you two could learn from one another? Or possibly have some sort of friendly competition? It will have to wait until after the meeting, though." Hideo concluded before looking to Makoto. "Makoto, please go outside and direct the rest of the Sourufoji family here, I assume that's them knocking on the door. Jirou, you can stay and chat with Shikamoa here if you wish but do introduce yourself courteously to Shikamoa's kin. I'll be in the kitchen with Asami for a few moments." With that, the elder Kyuuzaki rose from the couch and walked to his destination while Makoto did the same.

After a bit, Jirou finally spoke up. "So, how close do you think you are to taking the genin exams? I like to think I'm getting close. A couple of weeks at most."

Word Count: 220 | 1338
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:54 pm

"Father believes that only those with the same blood can gain a proper understanding of what the other is teaching." Shikamoa stated nodding to Hideo, knowing what the Kyuuzaki clan leader meant. As the elder motioned to his son, Shikamoa glanced over and acknowledged Jirou with a curt nod as Hideo mentioned learning from each other. As Makoto left Shikamoa perked up at Jirou speaking to him, "No time soon for me, I'll be quite some time before I can graduate. Unless I suddenly become all powerful, and that's not happening, not during my normal life time."
"Be on your absolute best behavior Pain deary, your Mother here will not tolerate this going sour do you understand sweet?" Shikamoa's mom asked his older sister as they stood by the gate waiting to be let inside the residence. Pain simply nodded, looking down at the traditional red gown she had been put into. Her mother had spent the entire day preparing her for this meeting with her new family and to see her fiance once more, though she felt an odd sensation without her twin beside her to join her in this, she knew why she had to do this and her sister could not. Awaiting there entrance Pain looked downwards studying the ground as if the roads were unfamiliar and estranged to her. The small silver piece that dangled on her right ear shimmered as it moved alongside her, the small jade crystal sparkling alongside her eyes.

Word Count: 1264
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:58 pm

"Well it's a good thing that the exams are way off. I think we might graduate the same day, even! That would be nice, especially if we are assigned to the same sensei." Jirou said, nodding. He understood the importance of being humble, but he didn't like undermining himself either. All in all, he wanted to learn, but making friends like Shikamoa along the way wouldn't hurt.
"Unless they..." Jirou cut his line of thought right there. No need to sour the mood with such unhappy memories. This resulted in a bit of an awkward silence between the two.

Meanwhile, at the main gate to the Kyuuzaki residence, Makoto opened the gate and saw the two women. "Ah, you must be the matriarch of the Sourufoji. Makoto Kyuuzaki, at your service." He bowed to the two. "And greetings to you as well, Miss Pain. My brother Satoshi has told a lot about you. May I ask where your twin is? She's usually stuck to your side like she was glued to you, according to Satoshi." He then stepped to the side and made towards the house. "Your brother, Shikamoa, already arrived. Apparently your husband had to take care of some business, Ms. Sourufoji. Would you happen to know what it is about?" Makoto asked as they entered the house proper, from which a very happy Satoshi watched Pain with a happy sigh.

Word Count: 230 | 1568
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 3:02 pm

“Hehe. Maybe, who knows what life has in store, it’s a fickle little mongrel at times and the thing that people desire the most in others.” Shikamoa said in return, breaking the awkward silence as if it had been completely nonexistent. Shikamoa seemed to ignore those sorts of interactions it seemed. Looking at Jirou he turned his head slightly, “Would you like to step out for a bit while we wait for the rest of my family to arrive Jirou-san?” Shikamoa said standing up to stretch, arching his back lightly.
---
“That is quite perceptive of you young man, I am indeed. My name is Yanagi Sourufoji I entrust daughter’s care to your family.” The older women said with a curt bow.
“Oh, I, hello. I wouldn’t know she said she needed to get something. Oh did he now? I suppose I will have to speak with my dear fiance about that.” Pain said with a bright, warm smile, only matched by the scary look that she gave the young Kyuuzaki boy.
“Oh, well I bet you’re a smart young man, I’m sure you’ll know soon enough why my father had to go on an errand.” Sekoia said as she popped up from behind Makoto without so much as a sound. Walking around the boy and over to Pain the girl reached out and draped her sister’s hair to the right and produced a small clip from inside her own dress sleeve and put it into her twin’s hair, it was a match to the jade earrings she had been wearing.
“Thank you for letting us in,” Oku Sourufoji said in a curt manner, “I do believe we have matters to attend before anything else.” Nodding to Makoto as a signal to lead them to the area of meeting.

Word Count: 1563
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:15 am

"And I promise that our clan will take care of her and, by extension, your family as well. I may only be a samurai-in-training but should you need it, I am yours to command, Yanagi-sama." Makoto nodded.

Makoto let out a yelp as he turned around and saw Sekoia and Oku appear from out of nowhere.
"GAH! Even with father doing that from time to time I still get a heart attack when that happens!"
He tried to calm his hyperventilating self and slow down his heart beat as best he could as he gripped the door frame and his chest.
Jirou giggled at the display. "Seems like we would have to wait first, Shikamoa-san. Father! The rest of the Sourufoji have arrived!" He hollered over to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Satoshi watched Pain with a lovestruck expression, one that he always adopted when Pain was being talked about. "Hello, Pain-chan..." His expression quickly vanished when Sekoia showed up. "Ehehhehehh... Hello, Sekoia... I wasn't expecting you here..." He laughed nervously and tugged on his shirt.

Hideo soon came out from the haven of food and walked up to Oku, holding out a hand. "Greetings. You must be Shikamoa's father. I am Hideo, patriarch of this family. Would you like any refreshments before we move on to-"
"Father, I am under the impression that the Sourufoji would like to be done with the essentials before anything else." Makoto said as he slowly got to a normal state.
"I see. Well, follow me then." Hideo said as he began to lead the collected people to a mostly empty room - only a coffee table was present, with a closed off window to the courtyard on one side of the room. "Please, have a seat." He said as he sat down next to the table in a traditional manner, the seiza. The floor was soft enough to allow everyone to sit however they wished. There were some zaisu chairs sitting side by side on one end of the room so those who wished to sit down on one of them could do so at their leisure. Jirou himself sat down close to the door, in the same way his father did.

Word Count: 359 | 1927
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 1:51 am

Yanagi bowed to the young boy in thanks, "I will remember that young man thank you."
Shikamoa chuckled himself besides the other boy, watching Makoto jump was a humorous experience to anyone present for the event, even Pain giggled a little before she and Sekoia looked over at Satoshi, then between themselves, then back at Pain's fiance, then back at themselves and simply smiled like they had said something no one else could hear. Out of the blue, Sekoia stepped forward towards and hugged Satoshi, to the surprise of most everyone there, quietly she whispered into his ear, "Treat her right Satoshi... I'll try and trust you, but if I ever find out you're responsible for her crying I will introduce you to a very different Pain and you wont like her." Backing off and letting him go she smiled and gave him a calm, nice glance. That was his final, and only warning... and a extended hand of trust from Sekoia.
----
Following the group in Sekoia sat with her mother to the side behind her father in a similar fashion that Oku had also adapted to sitting in with his formal attire on the opposite side of the table. Shikamoa had taken a seat by Jirou near the door as both boys were effectively irrelevant to the conversation to begin with. Pain took a seat to the side of the middle portion of the room next to Satoshi.
"Hideo Kyuuzaki, I will be short here. I have only two questions, but they are for your boy not you. We have discussed this prior and small details do not need extra fabrication." Oku said from where he sat, closing his eyes and turning himself, it was clear that conversation was currently on hold as he turned to Satoshi not giving the man time to speak at that moment. Shikamoa, Sekoia, and Pain all glanced to Satoshi, this was what would be settling this deal as a bust or a benefit.
"Firstly Satoshi, young man, for what reason should I be willing to let you take my daughter into your Kyuuzaki family?" Oku asked this and almost seemed obscurely out of character, even those who did not know him personally knew of his prowess, Oku was not to be laughed at in ability, there was a reason many called him Konoha's Akuma no Rifurekushon, Konoha's Demonic Reflection. He spoke again, and as his mouth opened Shikamoa was visibly uncomfortable, his father had an expression that had a deadly amount of seriousness to it, it was a rather unnerving sight. His tone changed to something calm in demeanor, but lacked any form of remorse or emotional waver, "Would you die for her boy?"

Word Count: 2014
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 6:23 am

Satoshi saw the twins glance at him, then eachother, then back at him, then back at eachother. This made him question whether the Sourufoji possessed telepathic abilities or if this was just a thing that twins did.
Satoshi then gave a yelp and froze as Sekoia... hugged him?
"This is how I die." He thought to himself. Any second now he would feel a kunai drive into his back or she'd grab his neck and strangle him before her twin sister's eyes.
Instead, he heard her whispering to him.
Once she was done and let go of Satoshi, he remained in that position for a bit while Hideo led the others away. Once his brain was done processing, he finally let out a single word.
"NANI!?!?!?" This, however, did not phase any of his family, so he just let out a groan and, praying to the gods that be that he survives the next few minutes, came into the room and sat down next to his would-be-fiancé.

The room felt like it had gotten several degrees colder when Oku laid down the questions for Satoshi. Jirou had shivered visibly but quickly adjusted to it. Thankfully Shikamoa was next to him and the warmth radiating from him helped. It wasn't really that cold though, it was the fact that the room felt like it had become just as cold and emotionless as the man who asked such serious questions.
"Sir. I love your daughter very much. Ever since I first saw her, I have done my best to do right by her and even if she would not become my bride, I would continue this practice, even if it meant her twin beating me to an inch of my life. I am a man of my word and I swear to you, Sourufoji Oku, that as long as I breathe, she will not come to harm, married or no. I am no ninja, but whatever I can do to help her, I will do gladly." Satoshi said. It was unclear to Jirou if this speech of Satoshi's was rehearsed, but from his expression it was clear that Satoshi spoke from the heart.
"As for dying for her..." Satoshi continued, making Jirou raise his eyebrow, along with Hideo.
"I think that if I need to do so and fail, her sister would be the first in line to rectify that error."
Jirou did not know how he managed it, but he succeeded in stifling his giggles. Hideo, meanwhile, lowered his eyebrow, his expression unreadable.

Word Count: 412 | 2339
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 11:59 pm

"Hey Jirou, I think we should step away from this, its about to be boring..." Shikamoa said preempting his father's approval before the man could even nod his head in a respectful manner to Satoshi in thanks for him taking care of his daughter. As his father turned Shikamoa spoke up for a slight moment, " Father, Honorable Kyuuzaki, Jirou and I will be stepping out to discuss our own matters if you do not mind." He bowed and stood up exiting from where he had been sitting, his father's glance was the only approval he needed to know he was relieved of sitting there. Walking a few steps from the door he swiveled on his right foot to wait for Jirou to follow him.

---

"Hideo I do believe our wives will be planning the wedding here shortly without us," Oku said after his son had left, "So lets discuss what is left of this alliance." The man concluded, all that had been left unsaid was how the pact would be settled in terms of rulings, the clans prior to this meeting had already sworn on blood to protect each other already. Sekoia sitting behind her father had gone entirely silent not looking around, but she seemed intent on studying the floor of the building. This event was a devastating blow to her normal life style, to date the only thing like those to happen was when she had almost killed an enemy ninja. Pain had always spilt the blood for them both to no ones knowledge of the two and there was never going to be a leak of that information, they had made sure of that. Next to her Yanagi watched her son leave and studied her daughter's, one was rather focused on the floor and the other didn't seem to know how to work properly as Pain scrambled to put her mind back together and quell her blushing face.

Word Count: 2338
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 4:21 am

Jirou nodded as Shikamoa rose up, rising as well. As much as Satoshi's last statement had amused him, he still wasn't willing to sit through what might be hours on end of boring alliance-related jargon he couldn't make heads or tails of. He figured that he'd learn what they were about when the time was right. Until then, he'd just roll with it.
Hideo glanced at Shikamoa when he mentioned that Jirou and he will be stepping out. He gave a curt nod to acknowledge this. Jirou, upon seeing this, started thinking of things he and Shikamoa could do.

One thing immediately came to mind. "Shikamoa-san, what say you we go to the garden outside and practice throwing kunais on some dummies? Father keeps an array of them there to help keep his focus up, though he always has a blindfold on when he uses them." He said, leading the way outside, to a garden with a small fountain on one end, with two levels to it, the lower one being a pond.
Stepping on a switch, Jirou watched as a bunch of targets sprang up soundlessly at seemingly random locations, some even showing up behind him, though he paid it no mind. Shikamoa would notice that the targets would disappear every few seconds and other targets would appear elsewhere in a seemingly random pattern.
"Mind if I go grab us some kunais? It'll be a second."

---

After a short while, Jirou came back with his belt of kunais, with two throwing stars added just for good measure. He took out the kunais and gave them to Shikamoa.
"Since you and your family are guests of honor at our house, you can go first. Try hitting as many as you can. I know you can do it!" Jirou cheered as he sat down on one of the steps that lead to the garden area proper.
"Time to see if my skills are as good as I boasted." He thought, smiling and eager to test his limits.

Word Count: 330 | 2669
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 3:59 am

"That sounds like a plan Jirou-san." Shikamoa said to his new companion. He had watched Jirou leave and had said nothing to him as he adjusted the long sleeves upon his wardrobe. Tying them up with the ropes around the top of the sleeves. As Jirou returned he watched the moving targets pop up, it was time to start. As he was handed the kunais he smiled, "Thank you Jirou, I'll do my best." Shikamoa said. His eyes seemed to shift into a isolated lazy state from their dead expression, a slight tinge of green could be seen in his eyes where he should have had an iris.
Scanning the moving targets he watched there shifting moves and started to sway and move with them. The garden was quiet for the moment, and within ten seconds of being given the kunai Shikamoa threw one at the first target, it hit the center circle on the targets chest, but it wasn't exactly a dead center. Turning around he flung another of the kunai, it slammed into the forehead of the targets head. Unhooking two more he threw them as hard as he could to his sides, one found its mark in the shoulder of the target, the other skimmed the outer edge of the face and left a noticeable cut. His next few seemed to shift between landing in a fatal part of the body or slashing the moving targets. When he reached the last kunai he was a bit tired and simply flung it behind him for a bit of fun, not expecting it to land, but to his surprise a dull thud sounded, turning he saw that he had landed his last kunai dead center on the targets inner chest circle. With the sight came loud infectious laughter from the stupidity of his own circumstances.

---

Word Count: 307
Total Word Count: 2645
EXP Bonus: 2600
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:29 am

Jirou watched Shikamoa and raised an eyebrow as the fellow academy student's expression seemed to... die, if that makes any sense. That was the only way he could describe it. The swaying motions he could understand - the ninja would always be looking straight at his target and the target would not have the opportunity to turn that swaying motion into a dash that would catch the ninja off guard.
The first kunai was thrown and it hit the chest. It was a very good throw, Shikamoa had been practicing at home. Or perhaps the concept of competition made him strive for better results?

The second target was also the victim of a well-thrown kunai. Had Jirou been in place of that target, his life would have ended instantly.
But that was the life of a ninja anyway. Jirou, Shikamoa, Oku, his father. They all lived balancing on a thread that could be cut at any moment.
This thinking had caused Jirou to miss the next two kunai being thrown. His attention suddenly snapping back to the little throwing competition, he noticed that one of the kunai had only left a sizeable cut on one of the targets. Shikamoa seemed to tire easily, and with exhaustion came a lack of focus... But that would be something he could easily fix in time.

"Keep going, Shikamoa-san! You almost hit it with that one!" He cheered as his smile from watching a new friend show off his skills grew. He certainly wouldn't be discouraged if he missed a target every now and then and he wouldn't let another be discouraged either.
The last kunai was something he did not expect, however.
He joined in the laughter with Shikamoa, the hilarity of the situation overwhelming his young mind. Such a lazy throw and yet such great results. It was like out of a comic book or something.
After the laughter was done and over with however, Jirou went on to collect the kunai from the targets. The ones that had been hit stopped moving as soon as they got hit or scratched by a kunai. Jirou hadn't yet grasped how his father had managed to make them work like this.
The thing that he sort of understood, however, was shown when he went to collect the kunai from the target with the noticeable cut but no lodged kunai, for as he took the kunai from the fence behind the target, he saw the target slowly repairing itself, the cut slowly disappearing as new wood replaced it.
"Amazing, isn't it?  All of these targets were made by my dad. According to him, they were made so that they repair themselves automatically by absorbing chakra from the natural life around us. Even he doesn't know much else about them. The one who helped him make them passed away long before I was born." He said as he continued collecting the rest of the kunai.

Once he was done, he looked at Shikamoa. "Could you press that switch on the floor, Shikamoa-san?"
He then went to the middle of the garden and took a stance, waiting till the new targets popped up.

Word Count: 515 | 3184
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 am

" I can defenitely do that for you Jirou-San." Shikamoa said looking at the switch, stepping on it he watched as the animatronic targets stood again and started to move once more. The targets where shuffling in the same exact pattern as before, no change to there movements. It was a set course, but Shikamoa figured there was probably different patterns that they could alternate to.
Inside the building the two boys fathers had finished the deal that was set in place with this wedding, which was a fairly simple trade of protection from Pain to her husband, in exchange for political immunity for Pain when it came to the town's governing body, as she was saute after by an organization that both parents knew would spell death for the girl. Leaving the ceremony plan to the two mothers and Sekoia, Shikamoa's father, Oku, stood up and asked if Hideo would care to take a gander at what the boys were doing with him.
Standing near the door, Pain had turned to the door, and then to her future husband. Trying to get him to follow her for a walk around the old home, wishing to talk to Satoshi alone. Topic unknown even to her.

---
Word Count: 205
Total Word Count: 2850
BOnus Exp Tracker: 2850

Last edited by The Notebook on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 10:46 am

As soon as the first target popped up, Jirou threw his first kunai, like one would throw a frisbee, only the kunai didn't spin out of control - only had a slight wobble to it. Nonetheless, it hit the target in the chest, on the area where the left lung was.

The second one flew after Jirou was certain the first one had hit. This one flew towards the target right next to the first one. However, this one missed as the target got out of the way just in time. Had Jirou not waited, it would have been a direct hit to the head.
However, he was too busy looking at the next target. This time he threw 2, which landed on the left shoulder and belly of a target beside the little pond. The last targets were one on the roof and one beside the door where the two had come from to practice. The one on the roof was hit as well, though only on the leg.

Inside the negotiation room...

While this was happening, Satoshi nodded to Oku in agreement of the political immunity deal with Pain. "Yes sir. I have connections to the elders of the town, she will not be touched." With this, Hideo nodded, then rose to follow Oku outside. Meanwhile Satoshi noticed Pain's gaze upon him and pointed at himself quizzically. He then rose and went after his bride-to-be. He didn't really have a choice to refuse, did he? It was clear that in this arranged marriage he was not the one who called the shots.

Back in the courtyard...

The last target's position was clear to him from the times he watched his father train, so he acted on instinct and turned around, his hand ready to throw, knowing that the target was directly behind him. But he saw the target a bit earlier than he expected. Curious. Had it moved while he was distracted by the other targets?
Regardless, he threw the kunai, just as he recognized the shape - it was his father! Hideo caught it between the tips of his fingers, just and just stopping the throwing instrument from piercing his skull.
"Mistake, Jirou. Always be certain what you're throwing at. Also, 4 and a half degrees to the right." His gaze had remained the same, as if he was under no threat.
Which, as the case may be, was rather true. Hideo then flicked his wrist and the kunai flew towards the first target Jirou had thrown at, hitting it straight in the head and digging deep into the chakra-infused wood. This, in turn, caused the targets to stop, the little training course having been completed.
Jirou, meanwhile, stood frozen for a second before he relaxed and bowed apologetically. "Hai, toosan." This time Hideo made no move to reprimand him for using the old dialect. Instead, he chuckled and looked at Oku. "I'd say our boys are doing just fine. How about we have a feast to celebrate this wondrous occasion?" Jirou, meanwhile, looked at Shikamoa. "Wanna go again?"

Word Count: 502 | 3686

Last edited by Brother Roga on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 12:32 am

Shikamoa knew he could do it if he got another chance. After Jirou had started he had started to watch the targets move and they seemed to have predetermined locations. That at least was Shikamoa's thoughts over the whole matter. He believed that it was possible to ace this if he had only gotten a second try at this, the desire heightened when his father and Jirou's joined the boys in the courtyard. Shikamoa watched as Hideo caught the kunai point blank and tossed it back, telling his son exactly how far off he was. When Jirou asked about going again Shikamoa's face came to life, there was no more disinterest only glee, glee to perfect this moving target course, "How could I refuse? This is fun, especially without my sister's forcing more training down my throat. Hehe," Shikamoa said, chuckling turning to his father he gave a silent question that came with an almost immediate okay from his father.
"Indeed, but first let us watch our sons." Oku replied to Hideo's statement, as he continued to watch his son prepare, "You might find things get interesting between the two."
Shikamoa found it was rather unnatural for his father to approve its usage outside clan walls, but he wanted to use it for this, he wanted to have the comfort of his own weapon. Twirling his hand Shikamoa turned to Jirou for him to hit the switch, chakra building in his hands as the first target came out a long nodachi appeared in Shikamoa's hand, unsheathed from within his left hand, slashing in a clear diagonal across the first target, turning he sliced into the second just os quickly, he legs dancing foot work as he shifted every direction to cut the wood dummies. Had anyone taken particular note of the actual cuts they would note that the targets were all cut in the exact same way. As the targets finished Skikamoa sheaved the sword into his left hand and it dispersed, bearing a grin the boy turned to his father who nodded in acknowledgement of his son's handiwork.

Off in the distance...

"Satoshi, I know its bit weird I called you over. I just, I want to learn about you, what do you like, your interests, we are engaged now and I don't even know my future husband at all. Tell me about yourself." Pain said, this seemed almost forced from her as she did want to learn about him, but knew so little about how to converse without her sister around, she never was really separated from her twin and she felt choked right now trying to speak with the man she would be with for her life. Turning to him she looked at the ground unsure as to what she was to do from here. Had Satoshi developed a six sense for blood lust he would have felt it against his back and for a very good reason, how he responded may end up deciding his fate at that time considering Sekoia was around the corner waiting to kill him should he say the wrong thing or do something to Pain.

Inside...

The Matriarch of the Sourufoji was inside quietly helping prepare a feast for the two families to eat while all the activity outside continued.

---

Word Count: 551
Final Word Count: 3401
Total Bonus Exp: 3400

[Finished]
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga

Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:27 am

"Awesome!" Jirou said excitedly before going over to the place where the switch was located. He paused for a bit when he heard Oku mentioning something interesting being about to happen. When he turned he saw Shikamoa's hand glowing with chakra, much to both his and Hideo's surprise. As he stepped on the switch, Jirou watched as the young Sourufoji unsheathed a long blade - a nodachi, he noted - from within his hand. The budding ninja began cutting the dummy targets with great speed, each of them having a large cut by the time Shikamoa was finished. Jirou didn't pay much attention to the dummies themselves at first - being amazed by the feat the young shinobi had just achieved was that awe-inducing - but his father did eventually notice the cuts were very similar, almost to the point of being indistinguishable.
"So this is the Sourufoji's Bloodline Limit... Interesting." Hideo thought.
The young Kyuuzaki couldn't hold his wonder in. "Nandatta, are!?" Jirou said in disbelief, asking what just happened in the olden dialect. He looked at his father for a possible explanation, but instead got a smile and a nod towards Shikamoa.
"Are you sure, toosan?" Jirou asked. A nod was all he received and that was all he needed. The boy grinned as a response - now it was his turn to surprise the clan's new allies!
He walked to where Shikamoa had started and asked for him to move aside while Hideo moved over to the switch. He took a deep breath before doing the Blood handsign, unique to his clan.
"Chiiton! Ketsueki Kajiya no Jutsu!"

Off in the distance...

Satoshi had various expectations about the upcoming conversation. After all, this was an arranged marriage, he had no reason to suspect that Pain was actually willing to do this out of just her good will or that she actually had feelings for him. That would have been a dream scenario for him, frankly.
But when Pain asked him to tell more about himself, he saw the uncertainty in her tone and his expression softened.
"Are you nervous about this whole thing? If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same. I have a thousand scenarios going through my head right now, a lot of them involving you and your sister finding me to be an unfitting husband in some way or another.
I want to prove that those scenarios are just that. Thoughts in my head that have no real meaning in the real world. That's my dream right now. Being a good husband. If this is how I can start being one, then I'll do so. Where would you like me to start?" He said as he motioned towards a chair she could sit on. The Kyuuzaki politician would then describe himself to the best of his ability, trying to be as honest as he could about himself. At some point he could feel like the two were being listened to and had a pretty good guess as to who it was.
"Your sister really loves you, you know." He said before slightly patting her shoulder. "Why else would she stare at me like she's going to kill me any second now? She's looking out for you. And who can blame her?" He said as he looked at the doorway the two had come in from. "I just hope I can get her approval. I don't want you to be caught between us." He said, sighing.

Word Count: 572 | 4258
Final Word Count: 4258
Total Bonus EXP: 4250

[Finished]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood   Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forging New Bonds - Souls and Blood
Page 1 of 1