Nindo Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nindo Beginning

Every shinobi has it's path set out for them. What path that may be only the gods will know. Set out to find your path in this crazy shinobi world

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello Everyone! Letting you all know that we have a skype chat available for Nindo members. PM an admin if you wish to be added.

After School

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 2:31 pm

"And remember to read over the scroll on the clone jutsu tonight as you'll each have to perform it in front of the class." Those were the teacher's last words as the clock struck that magical hour signified by the classes abrupt stand up and procession to depart. It had been another day at the ninja academy for many and most were glad to be out of the classroom, a fact shown by their insistence to leave the room as quickly as possible as a couple of the youths took to running out of the room, nearly shoving a few of their less hurried classmates out of the way and earning the teacher's rough calls to "slow down" and "no pushing". Though the rushed students only replied with giggles and laughs as they continued to run and depart from the classroom, a couple even throwing back a taunt or two at the teacher until the whole group disappeared from both sight and sound.

Other classmates that weren't in as much a rush however started to group up, friends getting into their usual little groups and starting to talk among each other as stories were swapped and what they planned to do for the night was revealed. And then there were a few like little Seresana, who lingered back in their seat for a moment, packing their things up and beginning to move to depart. Seresana however may have sported the largest grin and smile out of the lot though as she made sure her scrolls and books were safely secured in her already fairly full pack. When it was all set, she slung the pack onto her back before scooting in her chair and turning around to look at the other lingering students who would now be able to see her full profile.

Seresana was short, and somewhat just all around tiny compared to many of the other students, a fact further accented by the fact that her clothes seemed just a tad too large for her frame. The kind of baggy black pants she wore sported two ties to use up some of the excess fabric, and to keep at least some parts of it closer to her form. The ties being both green with one above her left knee and the other being below her right knee, yet even with them, the pants still came down almost to her more traditional wooden sandals instead of the more common brand that many wore. Seresana also sported a white T shirt that repeated the large style and sported ties of it's own. A grey band of cloth belted a little above the waist, a second black one bound at her chest, and then a final green band around her right arm, just inches above the end of the short sleeve that still managed to reach halfway down her arm. Seresana's left arm didn't sport any tie or band, but the limb itself was wrapped in bandages from the palm all the way up to a point where the sleeve obscured vision. Today she hadn't worn any jewelry, and left her very dark, pitch black hair down and stylized, not that she usually put much effort in it past just getting it to not point and spike upwards at weird angles, and it was too short to bother with trying to tie it behind her in any kind of bun or tail.

For the moment, Seresana just stood there, glancing at the other ninja in training that hadn't been as eager or in as much of a rush to get home.

Word Count: 600

Last edited by Zen on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just adding in the word count)
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:50 am

There was another person who was taking her time in exiting the room. She was towards the back, in the second to last row, and was watching the others exit carefully. Her face was blank, seemingly apathetic, although her eyes were somewhat red and puffy, and it was obvious she had been crying a while ago. If people had been watching her, it had started about a third of the way through the class. She was supporting her head with both of her hands.

During class, if anyone had looked, she had been quite attentive despite all her tears. While she hadn't answered any questions the teachers had given, she did all of the schoolwork quickly and accurately. She did her best to hide the tears, mostly keeping her head down and listening. When she heard writing on the chalkboard, she looked back up.

Lin was a few inches taller than Seresana, but still rather short. Her red hair was straight, and her white eyes were exposed. The red hair was obviously natural, unlke the oversaturated, bright red of hair that had been dyed red. It was the coppery colour that true redheads sported. While it was combed, it wasn't done in any style either. She had taken out her blue-grey contacts halfway through the lesson so that it wasn't too uncomfortable to cry. Her attire was fairly simple. She had a white blouse, fitting her decently well. Today she wore baggy pants as well, although they were navy blue instead of black. She had no accessories or jewelry. It seemed she didn't want to stand out.

She had glanced at the other person as well, but quickly glanced away.

She had no idea who that person was or why they were here. Were they part of the main house, sent to keep an eye on her? She had been rebellious, but not openly disobedient... She needed to find a way to get this curse mark off. There had to be a way. She was just too scared to ask while she was with her parents... Yes, of course. There was a way, as there always is. She just needed to tread softly for a while... don't draw attention to herself until she needed to... Or was she just being paranoid? The main house didn't keep that much of an eye on the branch members. They were mostly autonomous unless something as severe as betrayal happened. The curse did most of the main house's work for them. She would be fine. Nobody was watching her now... except that girl. Why is she here?

She glanced at the other girl for a bit longer, but looked away once they made eye contact.

Word count: 449
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 am

When Seresana's eyes made contact with the other girl sitting towards the back of the room, she just knew it. The other youth had been sitting in the back of the classroom, not talking or anything all day long, and worse yet, Seresana had even spied the girl lightly crying at one point during the lesson. She had no idea what for, but that hardly mattered at the moment. No the important thing was the fact that she had been crying so lightly. There was also the curiosity of the girl's eyes which seemed to have changed. Seresana would have sworn they were bluish grey at the start of class, but at she looked at them now, they were almost solid white with an off white center. She'd never seen eyes like those before, let alone eyes that cou... "Wait no, Iku's eyes changed color that one time when we were hanging out. I think she said it was called the sharringan, the special eyes of the uchiha clan and they changed color. I wonder if she belongs to a special clan too?" Seresana thought to herself while her expression drifted towards one of inner thought and contemplation.

As she came to the realization though that the only way to find out was to ask, Seresana affixed back her smile and proceeded out away from her desk and towards the back rows where this new girl was sitting. Seresana was doing her best to look friendly as she approached and not rushing or moving to slow to give off the wrong impression. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked gently at first. "You seemed pretty upset earlier and I wanted to see if you were alright."

Word Count: 285
Total: 885
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Dust looked up, her odd white eyes widening. She paled upon seeing Seresana and shrunk back in h "Erm... Yes. W-Why do you ask?" She stood up after a few seconds, although she herself was unsure why she did so. "Is something the matter?" She looked into the other girl's eyes, trying to read her emotions. It was her first time doing so, and she hoped it worked... She had never used it before. She considered mind reading, no matter how insignificant, wrong.

I'm so screwed. No getting out of this now. I should have left when I had the chance... I knew I would regret taking my time. I'm too lazy. They always warned me about hesitation... perhaps I should have listened to them. What if this is a test? They wouldn't send someone this young, though, right? That would be hideously unethical... but perhaps I should expect that from them, she thought to herself, her brow furrowing as she did so.

Word count: 163, total 612
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 12:33 am

Even without the ability to read another's emotions, one could likely see the kindness bathed concern in Seresana's expression as she stood there looking at the white eye'd girl and listening to her replies. Though with her emotion reading sight, Dust would also be able to note the distinct traces of hope hidden in face and eyes. Hope with just a bit of uncertainty, but no hesitance or fear present.

"Well if you're alright, then I guess nothings the matter," Seresana replied, but didn't move away. "Though I was wondering if you wanted to go play," she then asked as those traces of hope became a bit more prominent. "Oh, and my name's Seresana, but you can call me Sere or Sena for short," she added quickly with a very slightly embarrassed grin.

Word Count: 133
Total: 1018
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 am

No malice. No determination. Okay, I'm safe for now... I don't think there are techniques against the emotion-reading. She didn't have the white eyes, but it's hard to tell if someone is wearing contacts or not. If this was a test, though, they would be pleased to see that I used my ability when prudent., she thought to herself as she relaxed ever so slightly.

She shakes her head. "I... I just have a lot going on," she said in response to the comment about her being alright. She cocked her head to the sides when Sena mentioned playing. "Playing? What do you mean by that?" She paused. "I'm Lin, but my friends call... well, called me Dust. I don't know why, I was never particularly dirty..." She shrugged a little. "Kids can be weird sometimes. How long have you been here? I need someone to show me around, there was no orientation..."

Words: 152, total 764
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:02 am

"Oh, I didn't realize you were that new Dust," Seresana replied at first with some surprise as she looked around at the almost completely empty classroom. "Well, I've been going to the academy for a few a little while now, and I could show you around some. Though there really isn't all that much more to this place past the classroom. There's a few more like it taught by a couple different ninja teachers, and a library around her too, but that's about it," Seresana stated simply as she looked towards the inner walls of the classroom before turning back towards Dust.

"And I meant just what I said before," Seresana explained. "We can go out and play some now that class is over. It's a nice day out too,"  she added then with a point towards the windows that served as a translucent barrier between the bright and shining day and the classroom's more climate controlled atmosphere. "So we can play all kinds of outside games," Seresana elaborated before holding out her hand for Dust to take so she could lead Dust around.

Word count: 183
Total: 1201
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 8:23 pm

Dust nodded. "I literally got here today..." She paused, suddenly finding her feet a point of interest. "I didn't want to come here. I wanted to be a doctor, but they want me to be a soldier." She looked around as the other girl did, her eyes studying every detail even though she'd be attending this place for quite some time. Not like I can go back home, she quipped inside her mind.

"Well... I never really had time to play. What do you like to play?" She hesitated to hold Seresana's hand, wondering if this was the trick. There is no trick! she scolded herself despite her conflicting thoughts on the matter. Stop with the paranoia. You'll just drive her away. That's the last thing you need right now. Dust shakily and slowly took the other girl's hand. She struggled to keep her expression neutral. Am I really this scared of someone a lot shorter and a lot youngee than me? she asked herself harshly.

Words: 165, total 929
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Seresana grinned brightly as her fingers wrapped around Dust's and with a light tug, she started leading the other girl out of the room. "Well, there's lots of things I like to play," Seresana started while walking. "There's playground equipment over in some of the parks. They've got swings that are pretty nice, and there's a jungle gym too, but that's a bit more for younger kids," she went on after exiting the room and starting down the hallways. "We could also go fishing or swimming in the streams around the village with the weather so nice. There's also lots of woods to play in too," she added to the slowly growing list as they proceeded through the halls and around a few of the other kids. "Or we could go back to my house for a bit, I've got some board games and such there we could play like shogi or checkers. There's also always cards," Seresana continued as she opened the front door to the school and proceeded to lead Dust outside. "Does any of that sound interesting?"

"Oh," Seresana suddenly piped up again. "And we could also do a bit of training and such afterwards. You said you were new, and I've already got the clone jutsu down. I could show you a few tricks to it and we could make sure you've got it before tomorrow's little show and tell. I bet we could really surprise the teacher if you managed to learn that jutsu in a single day!" she added excitedly.

Word Count: 255
Total: 1456
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Dust nodded, seeming rather uninterested and perhaps a bit worried till Seresana mentioned the board games and swimming. "Swimming is nice, but board games are even better!" She grinned, her demeanor changing quickly. Yeah, no kind of assassin asks you to go swimming, she thought with a small smile. I'm safe. I'm fine.

She followed Seresana sluggishly at first, but followed quickly once she was shocked out of her bad mood. She became even happier once she heard her words about the training exercises after they play. "Training sounds nice. I could use someone who isn't breathing down my throat the entire time..." she said, looking distant for a moment before recovering. I do like surprising my teachers... she mused.

"What are the trainers here like, if you don't mind me asking? My clan isn't known for its patience..." She sighed, struggling to maintain her smile for a few moments. "What kind of board games do you have, if you don't mind me asking?" she asked, changing the topic without waiting for an answer.

Word count: 173, total 1102
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Seresana paused to looked back over her shoulder at Dust with a grin. "Well I've got shogi and checkers like I said, that's about it really," Seresana admitted with a slight wince at the lack of proper selection. She really needed to get a new game or two sometime, but she was still busy trying to save up her money for a proper bow and such.

"As for the trainers, they can be a little hard but are generally pretty nice," Seresana replied while backpedaling through the replies Dust had given. "Although," Seresana paused for a moment to look around at an almost comical level to make sure not too many were within ear shot before leaning closer to whisper into Dust's ear. "I've got a special secret sensei outside of the school. His name's Ranzaki Tokamin, and he's this really old hunter who lives outside the village, I might even be able to show you one of the tricks he's shown me, but those are pretty hard and will probably take more than just a single afternoon. We should probably stick with just trying to get the clone jutsu if you want to try out training after our game, and I promise I won't be looming over your shoulder. I'm too short to anyways, hehehe" Seresana went on with a chuckle while going to extra bit of placing a flat hand on top of her head and then swinging it out towards Dust to show that Seresana was still the shorter of the two.

Now free from the school, Seresana changed her direction towards the eastern side of town, and while she was trying to lead Dust in that direction, she was also making a visible effort to mostly stay walking next to the other girl.

Word Count: 297
Total: 1753

Last edited by Zen on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just adding in the word count)
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Dust frowned when Seresana winced, but quickly returned to her previous expression. "You up for checkers, then?" she asked, now smiling again.

She cocked a brow when she mentioned the apparently secret trainer, worried thoughts again flicking through her mind. What if he is from my clan? If he recognises me and Seresana spills the beans about me crying or something, my head could explode right then and there... "Erm, Seresana? Is this sensei from any particular clan?" she asked, worry clearly visible on her face yet again. "It's... difficult for me to trust people sometimes. I'm a bit of a... worrywart. Yeah, worrywart. Haven't had the greatest lot in life, to be completely honest... I need to break this habit." She went slightly pale when she realised she was thinking aloud. While she understood Seresana's quip about height, she didn't comment on it. Aaaand now she'll think I'm damaged goods. I need to remember that this is a school, damnit. Gossip spreads like a plague around here, and if people think I'm a nutcase, it won't matter if I'm with the Hyuga clan or here. I'll be treated like shit either way, she angrily cursed inside her own head.

Words: 200, total 1302
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 6:06 pm

"Checkers sounds fine," Seresana replied at first as she continued to lead the way back to her house. They were making pretty steady progress and rather quickly working through the town. Seresana's grin however still had yet to even begin to fade.

"I don't think so," Seresana replied to the inquiry about her teacher after a moment of contemplation. "He lives out in the woods by himself and hasn't told me anything about any clan," she went on while walking. She was about to ask why Dust was curious about that bit of sensei out of everything she could have asked about, but didn't get the chance to question it before Dust provided her own answer. "Oh, I see, well I hope you'll come to trust me. Friends need to be able to trust each other after all and I already think of you as my friend," Seresana replied with a glance over her should and a reassuring smile. "So Dust, what do you like to do for fun?" Seresana replied in an effort to change the subject to hopefully something a little lighter and easier to talk about.

Word Count: 189
Total: 1942
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Dust nodded, a bit taken aback. "You consider me my friend? Why, exactly? I haven't done much but whine..."

However, she took the hint and quickly changed the subject as well. "Well... admittedly, I never really had time to have fun." If she doesn't know that, she's definitely not affiliated with the Hyuga. She sighs. "It was training, training, and training. Lots of drills, lots of lessons on honour... which is ironic, since the branch house is little more than a group of slaves..." She sighed again. She didn't like talking about her life, but she knew venting was good. "I'm sorry, Seresana. I got a little heated there..." She looked at her feet. "This is my first time away from my family. I have a lot of ranting to do."

Word count: 130, total 1432
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 am

Seresana just looked at Dust with an expression of wonder and shock. "Wah, buh, what?" Seresana stammered as she tried to wrap her head around what she'd just been told. "You... you've never had time for fun?" Seresana repeated in disbelief. "It.... It's alright Dust, you can... No, no this isn't alright. Wait no, I mean yes, it's alright to vent, but never had any time for fun? That's not alright Dust," Seresana went on with a concerned expression as she suddenly pulled the other girl closer in for a brief and tight hug. When Seresana released Dust, she held Dust's arms, at arms length and looked her right in the eyes. "We're going to fix this okay?" Seresana then said to Dust before turning back around and all but trying to drag Dust along to wherever she was going to go.

In truth, Seresana barely had a clue where to even start. She'd never heard of someone not having any time to do anything fun. It was such a strange thing, she could barely even comprehend it and the very thought baffled her to such a level that she'd actually stuttered and stammered. After a bit of walking though, Seresana found her first decent option, the swings at a nearby park. "Ah, there's something kinda fun, c'mon Dust," Seresana said as she ran over to the swings. She quickly climbed into one, sitting down on the rough seat before pushing back with her feet and when she was almost standing, she released herself and began to swing forward, kicking out her legs in the process to make her go farther further. Then at the apex of her forward swing, she kicked her legs back to send her into a fast backwards motion. Seresana then looked over at Dust, inviting her to the swing next to her with a big and warm smile.

Word Count: 314
Total: 2256
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Dust slowly approached the swings, staying quiet. She had stared at her feet while Sena was talking, electing to not say anything. She looked up again, seeing Seresana swing. In her mind, she had no idea how this was supposed to be fun. It just seemed like training of some sort...

The paranoia had returned. What if the academy brainwashed their students into thinking training was fun? She had mentioned doing training after some board games... Her mind an inner turmoil, she sat on a swing one away from Sena, swinging very obviously half-heartedly, trying to mimic Sena's motions.

You need to cut it out, Dust, one voice hissed.

No. You need to stay vigilant. It's all coming into place now. Why do you think they would send you here? They knew you hated the training. Why would they send you someplace that gave you freedom? another responded harshly.

Word count: 147, total 1579
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Seresana once more grinned brightly as Dust joined her one the swings, even if it was a seat away from her. She then began to swing about, enjoying the sensation of the wind rushing past her and the brief moments of weightlessness at the height of each swing. After a little while though, Seresana glanced over towards Dust and her expression fell a bit when she noticed the girl's half-hearted attempts. "Okay, so maybe this wasn't that fun, hmmm," Seresana thought to herself as she swung back one last time before swinging forward and jumping from the swing and landing a short distance away. "Hey, maybe I was wrong on the swings, but I bet I know something that'll be better, and we can even get some ice cream on the way," Seresana called out as she waited for Dust to disembark from the swing. When Dust would join her, she'd begin leading them down one of the many streets in the village, though despite the almost maze-like quality of the place, she seemed to know exactly where she was going. "So Dust, have you ever gone swimming before?" Seresana asked as they walked onward down the fairly empty street.

Word Count: 200
Total: 2456
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Dust was now utterly confused. Maybe she was wrong... or maybe they just wanted to draw her in slowly. Brainwashing is a gradual process after all...

However, as she started following, she noticed how maze-like it was, and how easily Sena navigated it. What if the town was designed this way purposefully so people couldn't escape? She was never given a map... Yes, this was starting to become more suspicious.

She took a few seconds before she actually realised Sena had said anything, having completely missed the ice cream comment.. "Yes..." she said hesitantly, pausing before continuing. "Why do you ask? I've only done it in training..."

More training hidden as fun. How typical. Butter her up with a nice greeting, and then try to draw her in. She was smarter than that. She wouldn't fall for their tricks... But if she voiced she knew what they were trying to do, she didn't know what they would do to her. It couldn't be good, though... She remained vigilant for anyone watching them.

Word count: 170, total 1749
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Seresana let out a sigh but still smiled brightly. "I was asking in case you wanted to go swimming," she said with a glance back at Dust. "There's a nice little stream on the north east side of town that's pretty nice, and also a pond over near one of the practice fields if you don't want to have to fight a current," Seresana added simply before suddenly becoming distracted by the presence of the building she'd been apparently searching for. "Ah we're here, c'mon!" Seresana called as she quickly rushed into the building.

Inside, there were a few other leaf village villagers sitting at some of the tables and enjoying their treats while another stood behind a counter. He just finished handing over another ice cream cone to a customer when the two would enter and he'd look up to the sound of a little bell over the door ringing because it had been opened. "Hello, I'll be right with you two," the man said before he finished the transaction for the prior customer's ice cream and then stood back up straight and regarded the two young ninja who stood in the shop. "Alright, now how can I help you?"

"Well, I'd like a double scoop of chocolate and vanilla in a cone," Seresana said before turning back towards Dust. "Just say whatever you'd like Dust, it'll be my treat today," Seresana added with a gesture to the collection of ice creams behind glass counter that Dust could choose from.

Word Count: 250
Total: 2706
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Dust frowned at the sigh. What if she was just pushing a genuine person away? There had to be a balance between safety and being social. A very delicate balance... One that she was pretty sure she had no idea how to achieve. This wasn't going to end good... No, not at all... Dust began to feel a bit of pain in her stomach, and her brow furrowed.

"How deep are the pools?" Dust asked. Thoughts of drowning came to mind. It was a horrible way to die... She knew how to swim, but not how to fight very well in water.

Word count: 201, total 1950
Dust frowned deeper as she rushed inside, but she felt even less secure on the streets than with this very odd girl. She went inside quickly, but for a different reason than excitement.

"Erm... Just mint, sir." She looked over at Seresana. "Just a single scoop, waffle cone." She glanced over the ice cream. She had only gotten it at festivals... "Is this stuff... common here? It's rare where I come from..." She glanced around, her stomach pain growing a bit. She really needed to calm down. She didn't need to vomit in public. It was dishonourable to show weakness.
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 pm

"They aren't that deep, not unless you swim over to the deeper parts, but I'm honestly not too sure how deep those spots can get," Seresana replied to at first. But before she could get her second reply out, the man behind the counter held out both of their ice cream orders.

"Here you are miss, can I get you anything else today?" the man asked simply as he stood there waiting.

"Oh, no thanks, this is perfect," Seresana replied as she paid for the treats and then took them both, one in each hand, from him.

"And thank you miss, have a nice day you two," he said finally before turning his attention towards some of the other customers who'd came up to the counter and were waiting to place their own orders.

"Here ya go Dust," Seresana said as she handed over the mint ice cream in it's waffle cone. "And yeah, it's fairly common. Or at least it isn't uncommon around this part of Konoha," Seresana added as she smiled and took a lick of her own ice cream. Her tongue glazing over both the vanilla and chocolate parts before receding back into her mouth. "Mmm, ah that's perfect," Seresana said as she shut her eyes in enjoyment before looking back over to Dust. "And how's yours Dust?"

Word Count: 222
Total: 2,928
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Dust was about to ask for a bottle of water, but unfortunately was cut off by Seresana. She would habe paid for it herself, too... Well, that's life. And life sucked.

"Well, how about we avoid the deeper parts?" Dust asked, frowning. "I'd rather not die on my first day. Maybe the second..." She giggled nervously. "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for... I'm just nervous on my first day, is all. New places and all that."

Shit. Why did she say that? Now they know she's scared, and they can capitalise on that. Fuckups after fuckups today, so it seems...

She took the ice cream gingerly, just looking at it for a few seconds. She should have ordered the same ice cream as Sena. That would have minimised her chances of it being poisoned...

She didn't think to actually try it till Sena piped in, where she quickly took a bite, her heart skipping a beat. "It's... okay. No, it's good." she said after swallowing. It was good, but some poisons can be slow-acting... The green of the ice cream would mask any additive of the same colour. Of all things, why choose green? Green was the classic poison colour, damn it. She was supposed to be smarter than this...

Word count: 209, total 2159
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:28 pm

"Hehe, glad you like it," Seresana replied with a smile as she began to direct herself and Dust out of the somewhat busy ice cream shop. When they'd stepped back outside, Seresana looked up and down the street to once more figure out where she and Dust actually were. It appeared that they were near the edge of the financial district where most of the shops were, which would mean it'd take some time to get to the stream from where they currently were. "Well, it looks like it'll be a little bit of a walk before we get to the swimming stream, is there anything you'd want to talk about?" Seresana asked once they were out of the store and as she started to direct them in the direction of the stream.

Seresana was having a time trying to figure this girl out, she had to admit to herself. She had barely smiled at all, and seemed to hesitate at almost every suggestion or action Seresana proposed. While it could be nothing at all, and just Seresana making pointless observations, but she slowly becoming more and more curious about Dust. Course, she was partially wanting to know just so she could try and be a better friend, and that was part of why she continued to try and be this girl's friend.

Word Count: 223
Total: 3,151
Back to top Go down
cynicalwhovian

cynicalwhovian

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Dust sighed. "I really... don't know how to answer that question. I have a lot on my mind, and I don't think that I can trust you with a lot of it, sorry to say." She suddenly felt exhausted. Almost too tired to think. "I'm fine with walking, don't get me wrong... I just have a hard time trusting people. Do you want me to be completely, utterly honest?" she asked, keeping her head down. She examined the patterns in the road, unable to focus on much else.

Dust, on the other hand, would much prefer Sena just leave at the moment so that she could be alone in her dorm. She wouldn't stoop to telling a little girl to fuck off, though. She had standards, even when she was desperate... Well, this was a sociable kid, if she was really an ally. She would have friends... If she was an agent of the Hyuga clan, she would also have friends... just much more dangerous friends. She considered that they could have sent a branch pawn to do their dirty work, but she was unable to hold on to the idea for very long at all. She just wanted to go back to her new home...

Word count: 205, total 2364
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Seresana had to pause for a moment at that hanging question as she pondered it. "Well, if I'm being completely and utterly honest, yes, I think I would want you to be completely and utterly honest with me. I don't like being lied to or mislead, and if I was doing something wrong or something that someone didn't like, then I'd want them to tell me," Seresana said at first after her little pause. Then however she took another lick from her ice cream cone and smiled over towards Dust after her little lick. "But, I think I'd rather earn your trust first to where you're not just comfortable, but happy to talk with me," Seresana added with a sweeter version of her smile. "After all, I want to be your friend," she added quickly before turning her own attention to the road ahead of her, and a good thing too for a turn they needed to take was coming up fast. Seresana made sure they took it so they could continue onward to the stream.

"Now, why not a lighter topic, okay? We can start with some simple stuff just to get to know each other. Like, what's your favorite food?" Seresana asked as she walked.

Word Count: 208
total: 3,359
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

After School Empty
PostSubject: Re: After School   After School I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After School
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nindo Beginning :: Shinobi World :: Fire Country :: Konoha-
Jump to: